Might have mice in the house - what to do?

I think there is a very good chance that we have got mice in our house.

We cannot find many signs like loads of droppings / sightings / sounds etc... But I have found what COULD be some droppings.

The main give away is our cat....

In the past 2 days she has walked into the bedroom with a mouse, dead in her mouth. And then this morning I came into living room, had a look around and saw a big dead mouse in the corner of the room which she must have killed in the night.

I quickly brought it to her attention and she grabbed it and ran outside.

Now, if we do have a problem its a recent one and i want to put a stop to it before it gets out of hand.

We live close to some woods, and the house is pretty big so I cant literally block every possible entrance into the house, it would be impossible.

The cat is doing what she can, but I want to do more.

Anyone got any advise / tips?

get a cat if you have a problem with mice

get a cat if you have a problem with mice

... The main give away is our cat ...

He has a cat.

jb

ETA: ... and a ghost. On the evidence presented I'm positive it cannot be anything else.

I reckon the cat is getting them from outside. I had mice in a horrible cheap flat I rented once - you see droppings if they are in the house.

If you want rid of them you have to kill them I think - you can't catch them an re-release them legally as they are classed as vermin AFAIK.

Mouse traps still work.

Are you sure its not your cat bringing them into the house ??

They tend to do things like that you know.. ;)

Do what I did run out of the house screaming like a little girl! and phone pest control!Joking aside I was really nervous over it and it did take a few weeks for the problem to be solved, if you don't want to pay a company to come in best thing to do is lay some traps and poisen, it's the same as they do and A LOT cheaper.

Good Luck

Your problem might actually be the cat bringing the mice in rather than catching what are already in the house. We had a run on finding mice, dead (in various forms of mutilation)and alive in the house, usually a cat wasn't far away.

We got a couple of traps and set them up in the house, but we haven't caught any that way yet, so I think the ones we were finding were being brought in.

Get some traps anyway - we used the ones that come in a perspex box so the cats can't get at them.

The possibility of the cat bringing them in has crossed my mind.

Shes a big hunter. Birds, mice, anything she can.

She doesnt just kill them either, she eats them, whole :|

But yes it is a possibility shes bringing them in.

I guess I will have to keep an eye on the situation, look out for droppings / more evidence and see what happens.

The reason im trying to deal with it is my gf. I work night shifts and its the most annoying thing in the world getting a call at midnight of her screaming like a baby because the cat has a dead mouse.

Anyone know if those electronic repellent things work?

The possibility of the cat bringing them in has crossed my mind.

Shes a big hunter. Birds, mice, anything she can.

She doesnt just kill them either, she eats them, whole :|

But yes it is a possibility shes bringing them in.

I guess I will have to keep an eye on the situation, look out for droppings / more evidence and see what happens.

The reason im trying to deal with it is my gf. I work night shifts and its the most annoying thing in the world getting a call at midnight of her screaming like a baby because the cat has a dead mouse.

Anyone know if those electronic repellent things work?

For your lass or the mice?