Annoying cold calling sales

Has anyone been called tonight by a kitchen company saying that you would be entered to win a new kitchen? I'm wanting to find the name of the company as they were so rude on the phone. i didn't manage to catch the name of the company and unfortunately put the phone down in fury! :rant::rant:

Did you get their number? 1471?

Hi I know what you mean about cold calling sales - at one bit I was innundated with various sales reps from a wide range of companies, double glazing, insurances, mortgages etc, etc, etc. One night though I got a VERY persistent lady on the phone, she wasn't selling just one item, she was selling THE COMPANY BRAND NAME! wanting me to sign up for a credit card then when she realised I wasn't interested in that it was a mobile phone then when I had made my excuses about the mobile phone it was cosmetics/toiletries, I couldn't shake her off, after 10 minutes or so hard slog she asked me in a very hostile voice "Have you heard of Virgin"? I replied "Heard of them - I use to be one"!!!!!! Never heard from them again.:hihi:

I was getting two a day from a 0800 number and a strange number 0000 0000.

usually foreign accents and a lot of times the line just goes dead when i answer.

I haven't had any for almost a week now because i answered the phone by saying "hello handsworth police station" followed by saying "this is a police station and any cold calls will be traced and prosecuted for".touch wood so far so good.

here is the other thread on the strange number

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=789048

I get so many calls each day. The last one was from Sky. They are usually outsourced from the Indian sub-continent judging from the accents. I also get people from some 'consumer group' wanting to know what make of TV I own. Then there are the recorded messages offering to write off my debts and compensate me for my accidents. I really should change the number.

Another tip for annoying cold callers - if they ask you "are you the home owner?" just say "no, I will get them for you":thumbsup::thumbsup: put the receiver at the side of the phone and after 3-4 minutes pick it up say "hello" if they are still there say "they are just coming" put the receiver at the side of the phone again leave another couple of minutes or so GUARANTEED when you pick the phone back up they aren't there!!!! :hihi:

I just tell em to, well..........you know.

We just leave the person talking to themselves,if we pick the phone up and they are still there we just leave then to talk to themselves,eventually when they realise theres no one there they hang up,let then pay for the phone calls they will soon get the message

Clare

I think you will find that they are not trained to be rude as this would not get them any business. They are probably reacting to your reaction. I am never in the house during the day as I am at the office so I am not privy to this sort of canvasing. I would imagine that these poor sales people who are actualy trying to make a living, get fed up of all the stay at home dolers that they get on the end of the line giving them a hard time.:(

I personally will treat your response with the contempt it deserves! I am not one of the "dolers" you were referring to! I; like yourself work and have done for the last 34 years! My experience with cold callers have been in the evening AND I respect that EVERYBODY has a living to earn irrespective of what they do. I am not negative when I know what they are going to say i.e. "you have won a competition" even though I haven't entered one! "Claim for your accident - even though I haven't had one. It's just annoying that someone has to do this horrible job - and that some poor sole will fall for it!!!

I think you will find that they are not trained to be rude as this would not get them any business. They are probably reacting to your reaction. I am never in the house during the day as I am at the office so I am not privy to this sort of canvasing.

Considering that they almost always call during the early evening, to give workers time to get home ... that's rather odd.

Considering that they almost always call during the early evening, to give workers time to get home ... that's rather odd.

Depends what you consider to be early evening, or are you just being argumentative for the sake of it?:)