Buses to shepcote lane?

Hi

I can see a bus stop on google streetmap and i can read the bus stop sign on shepcote lane which says 'shepcote lane/tinsley wire ltd'.....how can i find out what bus from sheffield stops here? Ive tried the transport bus site and typed in shepcote lane as the desrination but it keeps saying an 11min walk from tinsley round about, which is obviously not right as clearly if there is a bus stop then there must be a bus which stops there. Any help appreciated. Thanks

The A1 used to stop on shepcote lane, its been a good few years since i caught it so i'm not sure if its still running. It stopped on Arundel gate in town.

The A1 does go along Shepcote Lane, think they leave Sheffield Interchange on the hour and half hour

The A1 stops near the lyceum now, rather than outside TJ Hughes at five past and twenty five to the hour...

Thanks. Is it a first bus?

No, Veolia...

No, Veolia...

Never heard of that company

How much do they charge to shepcote lane? I assume they wont accept a firat or stagecoach pass.

How much do they charge to shepcote lane? I assume they wont accept a firat or stagecoach pass.

Nope, and they don't do their own pass either - You could get a City Wide ticket that is accepted on all buses and trams £4.90 a day... Or cycle there - I used to from Netheredge - took 45 mins :)

1.20 from meadowhall, ask for tuffnels stop, get off there walk back towards rotherham 1st on right, follow road down to polestar

Timetable for bus A1: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=1967&libID=1965

Veolia Transport do their own 'Rotherham Starburst network' tickets but you will probably be better off with one of the Travel South Yorkshire multi-operator tickets if connecting with other services. The Sheffield Citywide costs £4.90 a day and is valid on any bus or tram in Sheffield, there are also countywide daily, weekly and longer tickets which also include trains. See http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com.

Does anyone know the best way to get to Shepcote Lane by public transport? I was told, misleadingly it seems, that you can walk from the tram stop and it's not far - it appears to be a very long walk! Apparently there is a TM Travel bus from city centre but not much else. thank you :)