Where to get an antique clock repaired?

I have looked on that there Google and found some places that may be able to help but thought I'd ask for any personal recommendations or places to avoid.

I was recommended a guy at Ridgeway Craft centre and when we took it he certainly seemed to know what he was talking about. Sadly ours never went again afterwards but I don't think that was his fault - I don't think it liked being transported and we'd already done something to it that we apparently shouldn't have done.

there is a reportedly very good clock repair shop in killamarsh.... Its on the main road that runs along the bottom of killamarsh... Far end as if heading out towards wales etc

i think the guy in killamarsh is the guy from the ridgeway craft centre. If its the ridgeway craft centre i am thinking about then the garden centre closed and sold their property which killed the main amount of visitors. The clock guy in there was very good and one of the very few left for miles. My mum popped down the other day thinking she would drop into the garden centre and have a bite to eat at the cafe. However by the looks of it the cafe is one of only a couple of things still open. The chocolate maker is still there i think but he only opens now and then. Such a shame.

We had ours done at ridgeway craft centre a few yrs ago and not had a problem, think there is one at elsecar heritage centre as well :)

I've used Philip Ackerill on 265 7874. He got my old clock working when noone else could.

He's not cheap and he's not quick by any means, but if you are prepared to wait, I strongly recommend him.

Bygone Times in Elsecar Heritage centre are excellent watch and clock repairers - cheap and friendly too.