Help needed to remember greaves st

Could have been one of the old "courts" within Fowler St. Can't locate it on my old street guide though. The now demolished Engineers Hotel, Wincobank, is also given as Fowler St.

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/3522-pubs-a-to-e-keepers-picture-links/page-19#entry17550

Think this must be a mistake.

Edited by carosio

What is now the eastern half of Findon Street, between Dykes Hall Road and Dykes Lane, was called Fowler Street in 1892, according to a map at Old-Maps. West of Dykes Lane was fields.

On the large scale 1903 map on that site I cannot see any courts.

Hugh

There's also a Fowler Terrace and Place listed in the Woodside area, but not shown in the same street guide.

Hello Charles66

Sarah Ann Sharpe is my 3xgt Grandmother. My Grandmother Doreen Edley speaks often about the shop on Greaves Street.

Doreen Edley is my auntie. I lived in greaves street till i was about 7years old my mum was gloria milner who was Colin Edleys sister

hi I am sure that's where my mum and her family lived there or near by, they were called bates there was my gran who died in April 1951 with my granddad joseph bates with my mother Kathleen bates at that time and his son tommy, and wife betty who are all dead now. it's all changed round there now, non of the old houses are left and new ones built, but the old street names still remain like Palm street, freedom road,, denial hill with the wash house at the bottom my granddad used to drink in the freedom he told me that every Friday and Saturday there would be fights going on mainly over nothing but that's what it was like then

---------- Post added 07-05-2014 at 14:18 ----------

where can i get a copy of kellys directory do they have them online

you will find a Kelly's directory in the central library on surrey street

I remember sylvia butcher was in same class at burnaby st school I lived top of channing street maiden name barbara potts

---------- Post added 10-05-2014 at 21:15 ----------

I also remember being in miss marr class at school we all used to go on day trips with burnaby street club and freedom road public house ( pub )

I remember sylvia butcher was in same class at burnaby st school I lived top of channing street maiden name barbara potts

---------- Post added 10-05-2014 at 21:15 ----------

I also remember being in miss marr class at school we all used to go on day trips with burnaby street club and freedom road public house ( pub )

There was also a Miss Marr at Walkley Junior. If you lived at the top of Channing then you might have known the Hopkinsons.

I used to baby sit for the hopkinsons their was david , grahem and philip the parents was george and nellie. also in the same street there was also the hopkins family

I used to baby sit for the hopkinsons their was david , grahem and philip the parents was george and nellie. also in the same street there was also the hopkins family

I saw David a few years ago at the store where I worked.

anyone remember GREAVES STREET around 1945 to 1965 off langsett rd

and went to walkley school

yes i had my wedding reception at hampden view pub in 1965 and also went to walkley school left in 1956 lived top of channing street