Help needed to remember greaves st

A neighbour of yours would have been the Potts. Even to me as a child Mrs Potts looked thin and gaunt as though undernourished. I remember they used candles when they couldn't afford to put a penny in the electric meter.

May and thomas potts was my grandparents there daughter jane potts is my mother just leaving a quick message to say my nan was always a yay thin lady till she passed away, ill be adding my mum jane potts if anyone knew her tommorow at some point

thats right we lived next door to May & Tommy Potts before they lived there it was Mr.Www& Mrs.Leadbeater,the chap who had the joinery shop was Mr.Hollis.

Im adding my mum jane potts may and thomas 2nd eldest daughter tommorow if you knew her

I remember Greaves Street, my Grandma & Grandad lived there, I'm going back to the 1940s & 1950s. They lived in a back to back house on the right hand side going up, their surnames being Thorpe. I remember that if you needed the toilet you had to walk up the street, turn down a passage and into a big yard, there was a block of 4 toilets for the local community to share. In the yard were other back to back houses.

How people managed to live in those houses beggers belief, my Grandma's house consisted of a cellar, a kitchen and 2 bedrooms, including my Mom, seven people lived in it, what a way of living.

The story was Mrs leadbeater (who died) showed May potts to a hole in the cellar with cash in a sock. May was pennyless at the time.

My dads family all lived around Grammar St and Greaves St.Their name was Dronfield, my dad was stanley and he went to walkley school. He had a brother called George and sisters called Rebecca, Emily, Ann and Evelyn.

Any relation to Hugh Dronfield of Crookes/ Walkley?

The story was Mrs leadbeater (who died) showed May potts to a hole in the cellar with cash in a sock. May was pennyless at the time.

what are you trying to say about my nan? if your trying to slate my nan who was the world to me and is now at rest meet me and ill slap you about for your disrespect

what are you trying to say about my nan? if your trying to slate my nan who was the world to me and is now at rest meet me and ill slap you about for your disrespect

You should be banned for that sort of violence.

You should be banned for that sort of violence.

violence? what about you talking rubbish about my nan what did you expect? ill always protect the memory of my nan so next time watch who your lying about because I can back up what I said

violence? what about you talking rubbish about my nan what did you expect? ill always protect the memory of my nan so next time watch who your lying about because I can back up what I said

we lived next door to May & Tommy,a nicer person than May would be hard to find,although she didnt have a lot herself she was always the first to help any other person in any way,your mum Jane will remember us,Pat & Trevor xx

---.----------

Edited by Tipex

I remember visiting my grandmother halfway down on the left. My mother was Nellie Brookfield. Her father was John Morgan Brookfield. Her Brother was George F Brookfield Killed in the second world war, Also a sister Sarah who married Bill Cowen. Can anybody remember the Brookfields?

My wife Margaret's mother, Sarah Brookfield, married Sidney Batten Chamberlain NOT Bill Cowen who was married to Sister Alice. Alice and Bill had two sons.

Please contact us by private email and we will get in touch direct.