Best place to buy a large amount of pebbles

Hi all I'm after a large amount of small pebbles for the rear garden, does anyone know the best place to get them from please

got mine from b&q 10/mm dia check diy .com for prices they do bulk deliverys

Edited by bigal123456
added a few extra words

Yeah, Wickes or B&Q, although I found Focus to be cheapest when I needed a few bags.

Hardcores, claywheel lane, S6.

Yeah, Wickes or B&Q, although I found Focus to be cheapest when I needed a few bags.

Sadly Focus went bust some weeks ago and some of their stores have been taken over by B&Q. I bought a large sack of pebbles from Hardcores a couple of years ago at what was then the best price and service, see

http://www.hardcoresonline.co.uk/

When you say large amount, I take it you mean half a ton or so rather than those £5 small bags you get in the DIY stores?

Have you tried Jewsons or Travis Perkins?

And make sure they can deliver to your actual address. When I got Jewsons to deliver a tonne of stones for my front garden the lamp post on the road outside stopped them using the HIAB arm to drop it so I had to move it from the road by wheelbarrow.

Damn near killed me!

John x

Edited by John X

be careful at b&q they messed me about with delivery for 3 days, but stick to your guns, as long as the order is over £50 they will deliver, not the £100 they tried to swindle me for! 40 mins on with customer services sorted that out!!!