Cameron backs moves to combat the sexualisation of children.

If children are wearing age inappropriate clothing, why is that the fault of either the manufacturers or the retailers? It has to be down to the parents that these clothes are being worn. If it's the children who actually want these unsuitable items and the parents can't say a firm 'NO' to their kids, and stick to it, they should be having a word with themselves. The market would soon disappear if no-one was buying these outfits.

As to the so called lads mags and page 3 etc, there is a point to be made that these publications should be under the counter stuff and not displayed openly where children can see them and get the idea that it's a normal part of life for everyone. I'd agree with that.

If children are wearing age inappropriate clothing, why is that the fault of either the manufacturers or the retailers? It has to be down to the parents that these clothes are being worn. If it's the children who actually want these unsuitable items and the parents can't say a firm 'NO' to their kids, and stick to it, they should be having a word with themselves. The market would soon disappear if no-one was buying these outfits.

As to the so called lads mags and page 3 etc, there is a point to be made that these publications should be under the counter stuff and not displayed openly where children can see them and get the idea that it's a normal part of life for everyone. I'd agree with that.

Hallelujah to that.

It's the stupid parents that need educating.

Amen to that!!!

As a parent how can I feasibly preve my young kids seeing some of the music video's and hearing the songs by artists such as Rihanna with lyrics like "sex in the air, I like the smell of it" and "wips and chains excite me"? This is the pop mainstream, you can't totally insulate your young kids from the pop mainstream, and anyone who thinks that you can needs a reality check.

As a parent how can I feasibly preve my young kids seeing some of the music video's and hearing the songs by artists such as Rihanna with lyrics like "sex in the air' date=' I like the smell of it" and "wips and chains excite me"? This is the pop mainstream, you can't totally insulate your young kids from the pop mainstream, and anyone who thinks that you can needs a reality check.[/quote']It's a long way from 'Sparky and his Magic Piano', isn't it? I agree to a point, but very young children should be monitored as to what they're listening to and watching. It's not easy, but that's that a parent's job. Half the time they have no idea what they're hearing anyway but they can still be steered away from it.

I think we've all seen parents who actively encourage their littlies to mimic explicit moves and words to songs. It's embarrassing to see, but they seem to be proud of themselves for having such a 'talented' kid :rolleyes:

I agree with this post until you mention lads mags and page 3 etc, this is where you fail. Move em to the topshelf by all means, but some of that stuff is no worse than stuff printed in the 'celeb stalking' magazines that some of you women buy, also have you never been on a beach abroad ruby ??

I agree with this post until you mention lads mags and page 3 etc, this is where you fail. Move em to the topshelf by all means, but some of that stuff is no worse than stuff printed in the 'celeb stalking' magazines that some of you women buy, also have you never been on a beach abroad ruby ??
Children have very good eyesight and very curious minds. Under the counter is the place for your mags, I've decided.

I don't buy magazines.

No. I never leave the house.

Is there anything else you want to know?

Maybe it's time more parents talked to their young kids about sex instead of avoiding the subject or using euphemisms for something perfectly natural. We all know what's likely to happen if kids learn about sex behind the proverbial bike-shed.

Children have very good eyesight and very curious minds. Under the counter is the place for your mags, I've decided.

I don't buy magazines.

No. I never leave the house.

Is there anything else you want to know?

1. Page 3 is in a newspaper (topless woman, you can see those on any beach in Spain etc)

2. I can see you don't leave the house with your post count !

3. NO love :D

Maybe it's time more parents talked to their young kids about sex instead of avoiding the subject or using euphemisms for something perfectly natural. We all know what's likely to happen if kids learn about sex behind the proverbial bike-shed.

There's a difference between avoiding the subject, and having it thrust upon you constantly. What sort of parent wants to explain to their 5 year old what S and M is, because it comes on the kitchen radio while your in the garden hanging out the washing. The media, advertising, the music industry will all push the boundaries as far as they can... maybe it is time to legislate. It annoys the hell out of me, my kids love Lady Gaga, but they can't watch the videos. If artists knew their vids wouldn't ba shown they might tone them down a bit

There's a difference between avoiding the subject, and having it thrust upon you constantly. What sort of parent wants to explain to their 5 year old what S and M is, because it comes on the kitchen radio while your in the garden hanging out the washing. The media, advertising, the music industry will all push the boundaries as far as they can... maybe it is time to legislate. It annoys the hell out of me, my kids love Lady Gaga, but they can't watch the videos. If artists knew their vids wouldn't ba shown they might tone them down a bit
But it's what you associate to sex that offends you though isn't it. It's not just you by the way, many people are like this.

Maybe you might have benefited from being told about sex at an earlier age.