Emmerdale - Jackson and Aaron storyline

Wind ya neck in numbnuts, the character called himself that on several occasions.

Have you ever heard of irony ?

No.... I don't suppose you have - straight over your head .:)

Edited by Daven

Have you ever heard of irony ?

No.... I don't suppose you have - straight over your head .:)

I'm not a mind reader :hihi:

Pauline Quirke is going to tour in 'Birds of a Feather' with Linda Robson and Lesley Joseph

Jackson has had such a struggle asking Hazel and Aaron to help him die, couldn't he have just steered his wheelchair over a cliff?

that's what I've been saying all along :hihi:

What concerns me about the storyline is the perpetuation of the idea that someone's life is "over" or not worth living/ continuing to live, just because they have to rely on a wheelchair.

What concerns me about the storyline is the perpetuation of the idea that someone's life is "over" or not worth living/ continuing to live, just because they have to rely on a wheelchair.

You haven't a clue how this situation would effect you unless you was there.

I am a wheelchair dependent due to having motor neurones

I had not realised had not come to terms with things, going from being a mum that was active and walked every where to a mum that now depended on others.

It the toughest thing I had to go through in my life.

And at times I wanted to end my life, my condition is progressive

So I will get worse and obviously ain't gonna be here for long

But It was not the wheelchair that got me down more then anything it was the pain I'm in.

Everyone copes differently and that was his way of coping.

Unlike me, Jackson didn't have children as his reason for getting up and carrying on in the morning.

I think they dealt with this subject best they could considering. Some of these comments are very negative and those who can talk about ppl on a cliff in a wheelchair must be very bitter in their own lives.

Like me saying why don't people with cancer jump off a bridge instead of sitting moaning about being in pain :(

It's insensitive and wrong and quiet offensive to this who are in that situation.

:) I can't be bothered to waist my breath on such single mindedness.

Although it has been depressing cos I loved the character :)

Edited by charlie9865

You haven't a clue how this situation would effect you unless you was there.

I am a wheelchair dependent due to having motor neurones

I had not realised had not come to terms with things, going from being a mum that was active and walked every where to a mum that now depended on others.

It the toughest thing I had to go through in my life.

And at times I wanted to end my life, my condition is progressive

So I will get worse and obviously ain't gonna be here for long

But It was not the wheelchair that got me down more then anything it was the pain I'm in.

Everyone copes differently and that was his way of coping.

Unlike me, Jackson didn't have children as his reason for getting up and carrying on in the morning.

I think they dealt with this subject best they could considering. Some of these comments are very negative and those who can talk about ppl on a cliff in a wheelchair must be very bitter in their own lives.

Like me saying why don't people with cancer jump off a bridge instead of sitting moaning about being in pain :(

It's insensitive and wrong and quiet offensive to this who are in that situation.

:) I can't be bothered to waist my breath on such single mindedness.

Although it has been depressing cos I loved the character :)

I've been a wheelchair user for fifteen years, Charlie, and if I had a quid for all the times I have been told by folk, "Oh my life would be over if I had to use a chair!", I'd be a very rich woman. (and if I had a quid for all the times I've been patted on the head, and told "what a brave girl I am", I'd be a millionairess!! ;) lol)

Of course I have my ups and downs, like everyone does, but I don't consider my life "over" in any way. I still manage to do stuff, albeit using the chair.

It's a case of "Ok, so life has dealt me a bit of a duff hand:- I've got to get on and make the best of the situation".

What concerned me about the Emmerdale storyline was the concept that this fella's life was expendable, and how the storyline might make people think that euthanasia was the only route to go down in the situation that he was in.

Yes, I suppose it is up to the individual to decide, if, and when, they are going to take their own life, should they come to that decision. but it concerns me that people should not be coerced into doing it, that they should not feel they are a burden to others.

I also feel it's a slippery slope, and not that afar a jump, to the scenario where little old great-aunt Maud is being "persuaded" into doing herself in, by the nieces and nephews, hungry to get hold of the inheritance before the care-home charges eat all her money up.

Except it wasn't about simply being in a wheelchair, was it? It was about being a tetraplegic with a total loss of feeling in all his limbs and torso. The only body part that Jackson could move was his head.

There's a huge difference!

I don't think any of us (even the wheelchair users) can even begin to understand how this would feel unless they're in that situation themselves.

As for the episode in question, I thought it was handled beautifully. Pauline Quirke, as usual, delivered on all fronts. It's a pity she's going to be leaving the show.

Except it wasn't about simply being in a wheelchair, was it? It was about being a tetraplegic with a total loss of feeling in all his limbs and torso. The only body part that Jackson could move was his head.

There's a huge difference!

I don't think any of us (even the wheelchair users) can even begin to understand how this would feel unless they're in that situation themselves.

As for the episode in question, I thought it was handled beautifully. Pauline Quirke, as usual, delivered on all fronts. It's a pity she's going to be leaving the show.

Very, very well said !

Jackson is fed up with his quality of life and wants help to commit suicide, if this is the only answer for him it must depress a lot of viewers who may be in the same situation:(

I'm disillusioned with my quality of life since this storyline has been running! What utter nonsense!

that's what I've been saying all along :hihi:

Not before post 10 :D

He wasn't playing someone real in Hollyoaks and now he is playing the most depressing character on Emmerdale.