Feminist protesters vs new Playboy club

Women should be bald.

It does always amuse me when the misogynist numpties of the EDL bang on about wearing the burkha being an attack on women's rights. :hihi:

John X

Quite, they're so transparent. Do you ever see them on any other thread which is pro-women? Nope. They also have a sudden anti-homophobia conversion yet you never seem them advocating gay rights either.:hihi:

There's a world of difference in taking a pride in one's appearance and being judged solely on how we look and/or being treated as a sex object.

In your opinion. In mine, it says that you are fearful of being judged without the war paint on.

Women should be bald.

Shame they aren't.

Suffragette looks like she's got Don King in a headlock.

So why are "fat ugly" girls not applying for pole dancing jobs? Do you think they should lose weight and have plastic surgery?

Because they don't fit the job description.

Not if they're happy as they are no.

They also have a sudden anti-homophobia conversion yet you never seem them advocating gay rights either.:hihi:

Which gives the lie to their claim that they are only against militant Islam.

You don't see them criticising Catholicism for being misogynist and homophobic, do you? :suspect:

John X

Some women do but by no means not all. Most of us want to look our best which isn't the same as being judged on how we look. There's a world of difference in taking a pride in one's appearance and being judged solely on how we look and/or being treated as a sex object.

Some radical feminists to whom you allude adopt a certain dress code to make a political statement, as do punks, goths, hippies, fundamental religious types etc, however, so many people misguidedly believe that in order to be a feminist one has to totally defeminise oneself, which is ludicrous and false.

Most people wouldn't know who is and isn't feminist unless they are radical - possibly the reason for the misguidance.

I think wanting to look our best is exactly the same thing as being judged on how we look, why else would we want to look our best?

Edited by foxforcefive

A feminist is anyone who wants equal rights for women - in which case i'd hope that most people are

Because they don't fit the job description.

Not if they're happy as they are no.

Fat, ugly or beautiful doesn't define you as a woman or a man. So that being the case what does slim and attractive (as defined by the JD) define you as other than a sexual object?

Edited by Alien

No, I carefully used the word 'most'. Some will see it an attractive career prospect. I also have never mentioned the word 'exploited' either.

I don't always agree with your comments but respect your contributions because you haven't used the exploitation angle.

Fat, ugly or beautiful doesn't define you as a woman or a man. So that being the case what does slim and attractive define you as other than a sexual object?

A sexual person NOT object

Fat, ugly or beautiful doesn't define you as a woman or a man. So that being the case what does slim and attractive define you as other than a sexual object?

Keh? What are you on about? :confused: