Feminist protesters vs new Playboy club

Rather proves the whole argument here really doesn't it - that women regardless of the issue, are being judged by the way that they look. That 'argument' is even more old hat than Hughie boy.

Not women, people.

People wil always be judged by how they look.

It's all about choice. The girls choose to work there don't they? If they have the figure and face for it, and they are comfortable working in such an environment they why on earth shouldn't they? Why settle for a minimum wage job if they could be earning much more?

Do you also think that football players for example are being oh so terribly exploited aswell, given that their career has a shelf life too?

Nobody is stopping them. The protest wasn't about shutting the club.

What he said.

The footballer/prfessional sports person, catwalk model etc anaology is not a good one. Those professions are serious money earners, have a much higher status and are active career choices. Most women in the sex industry fall into it because it's easy money and most see it as a temporary solution.

Not women, people.

People wil always be judged by how they look.

I see, so how come you aren't accusing the men opposing this as being ugly?

It's certainly an important issue which tends to get marginalised for all the reasons I outlined. You certainly don't get very far challenging it on this board, you get accused of racism and the real racists who couldn't give a rat's arse about sexual politics, use it as a vehicle to express their views, then the thread gets pulled or locked. Look at the furore over Dawkins' comments, a thread about which there was on here, which ended up being pulled yet again.

Not only spot on but perceptive.

I bet that you have tiny genitalia.

You've just lost credibility with that.

Grow up and be mature, or leave the thread.

I see, so how come you aren't accusing the men opposing this as being ugly?

I was speaking about the image that pops up in my head when I hear the word 'feminist'. I don't believe men fall into the category of 'feminist' do they???

I was speaking about the image that pops up in my head when I hear the word 'feminist'. I don't believe men fall into the category of 'feminist' do they???

Yes they do

What he said.

The footballer/prfessional sports person, catwalk model etc anaology is not a good one. Those professions are serious money earners, have a much higher status and are active career choices. Most women in the sex industry fall into it because it's easy money and most see it as a temporary solution.

I disagree. They're all career choices by the individual, no matter if they are for life or temporary.

You've just lost credibility with that.

Grow up and be mature, or leave the thread.

Just treating like with like and showing how infantile your comment about hairy armpits was.

Yes they do

Really???? Well, they're not in my personal image of a feminist.

Rather proves the whole argument here really doesn't it - that women regardless of the issue, are being judged by the way that they look. That 'argument' is even more old hat than Hughie boy.

But don't you think women want to be judged on how they look?

How many women do you know that don't like buying pretty clothes, shoes, and making themselves up (if not every day) at least when they go out?

Even the non-made up so-called 'ugly' feminists seem to have a dress code to be judged as such.

and the real racists who couldn't give a rat's arse about sexual politics, use it as a vehicle to express their views,

It does always amuse me when the misogynist numpties of the EDL bang on about wearing the burkha being an attack on women's rights. :hihi:

John X