Feminist protesters vs new Playboy club

Overreact? Why did she overreact, why should a woman put up with being pawed by some male (or indeed female) colleague? Of course a man should complain if in that situation. Did the woman in question 'have him sacked'? Or was that a result of an internal process into his behaviour? Again, blaming the woman here I see.

Blaming the person that made a complaint rather than just dealt with the situation informally.

I don't see why a man (or woman) should complain in that situation, they should be capable of politely telling the other person that they've made a mistake.

Now if it happens again then there's a basis for complaint... This is just an opinion though.

I'm sure they will have been feminist action in relation to the burkha

There is plenty and we get labelled as racist and Islamophobe for having the temerity to object to its significance and symbolism, as I have been on here plenty of times. Look at the link in my signature and Julie Bindel's impassioned speech. Too many Western women (and men) have shied away from debates and issues around misogyny and Islam for this reason.

Edited by Suffragette1

Blaming the person that made a complaint rather than just dealt with the situation informally.

I don't see why a man (or woman) should complain in that situation, they should be capable of politely telling the other person that they've made a mistake.

Now if it happens again then there's a basis for complaint... This is just an opinion though.

Well, there are strict codes of conduct about this type of thing and if the person felt unable to deal with it informally then they have recourse to the proper channels. That said, I strongly dislike the implication that any woman complaining as such is overreacting to unwanted sexual attention.

I suspect that any man complaining about it would be laughed at.

And the implication that only men ever misread signals and make a mistake is one that I dislike.

If it's a genuine mistake then a formal complaint is an overreaction from either gender.

Strip bars don't have a place in modern society IMHO, if I was in government I would shut them all down. And I'm a man!

Don't get me wrong I love the female form but these places are there for the wrong reasons, to fleece the men and objectify the women..surely we should be moving on from this kind of thing.

There is plenty and we get labelled as racist and Islamophobe for having the temerity to object to its significance and symbolism, as I have been on here plenty of times. Look at the link in my signature and Julie Bindel's impassioned speech. Too many Western women have shied away from debates and issues around misogyny and Islam for this reason.

I know it's well off topic, but how do you suggest that telling women what they can and cannot wear is a form of empowerment?

Make them aware that they don't have to wear a Burka, sure, good, but tell them they can't and you're not exhibiting the kind of behaviour you claim to be trying to stop.

I know it's well off topic, but how do you suggest that telling women what they can and cannot wear is a form of empowerment?

Make them aware that they don't have to wear a Burka, sure, good, but tell them they can't and you're not exhibiting the kind of behaviour you claim to be trying to stop.

I've never advocated the ban of the burka which does mean to say that I do not loathe, detest and abhor it. I am totally and utterly opposed to women being forced to wear it. Women should be empowered to wear what they want, whether it's a mini skirt and boob tube or a burka, no one, man, woman, religion, legal system should dictate to them (us) what they (we) wear.

Strip bars don't have a place in modern society IMHO, if I was in government I would shut them all down. And I'm a man!

Don't get me wrong I love the female form but these places are there for the wrong reasons, to fleece the men and objectify the women..surely we should be moving on from this kind of thing.

The simplicity of your analysis and argument is stupefying!

Nobody is being fleeced if they know what they are paying for and get it.

And if I accept the characterisation of objectifying (which I don't), it's still not an argument for stopping it. If women are happy to sell that service then who are you to tell them they can't?

I've never advocated the ban of the burka which does mean to say that I do not loathe, detest and abhor it. I am totally and utterly opposed to women being forced to wear it. Women should be empowered to wear what they want, whether it's a mini skirt and boob tube or a burka, no one, man, woman, religion, legal system should dictate to them (us) what they (we) wear.

On that we can agree then, we should all be free to wear what we like without interference from the state or other individuals.

Well, there are strict codes of conduct about this type of thing and if the person felt unable to deal with it informally then they have recourse to the proper channels. That said, I strongly dislike the implication that any woman complaining as such is overreacting to unwanted sexual attention.

Or for the person involved to be have to be told or need to ultimately have to go through a legal process to be informed that because they're the opposite sex and haven't been verbally invited is not the way one adult should act towards another. A child maybe.

Or for the person involved to be have to be told or need to ultimately have to go through a legal process to be informed that because they're the opposite sex and haven't been verbally invited is not the way one adult should act towards another. A child maybe.

We're commenting on a situation that we don't know all the detail of - the harrassment might have been going on for ages. It's not very productive to comment on the situation and make generalisations from it if we don't know the full story.

I don't see what the big deal is or why you would shut them down! Nobody is forced to attend, or work there. If you don't like it then you don't have to go. That's your choice, others should be able to have the same choice too surely?

The men aren't being fleeced, they are paying for a service they are happy to receive. No one is forcing the girls to work there, they choose too and probably get paid quite well too.