Advice on cleaning a tent needed please

good afternoon campers (doesnt have the same ring to it) but anyway.

We bought a outwell hartford xl brand new a couple of years ago and went on a couple of holidays in it. the last holiday we had we was packing up and it started spitting with rain nothing major, but we rushed and packed it away with a veiw in to getting it out to air off when we got home but the weather was bad and didnt get the chance to. then i forgot about it ( silly i know) now we want to start going again i pitched the tent up to find it needs a good clean. it has a couple of marks on it which i dont know weather it is mould or staining but was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the best way to clean restore and get it back to the new look it had. also does anyone k now where i can buy the inner bedroom pode from cheaper then from outwell themselves.

many thanks in advance

rich

Never had this problem before, i don't know if theres much you can do if mould sets in

Try Outwell they may be able to help,or ask on ukcampsites web.good luck

I'm sure we've managed to clean some of the mould off before when we have had this problem.

I'm sure we've managed to clean some of the mould off before when we have had this problem.

what did you use?

I've used ECOVER washing up liquid and a very clean soft sweeping brush.

Dry thoroughly after then apply some more fabsil (paint it on with a can).

Hi, Laundrypoint have a huge launderette washing machine and anti bac treatments that may help. Their number is 01142666000

I wouldn't scrub it too hard or it will leak next time, best way to deal with mould is to erect it in dry weather and live with the spots - they don't do any harm really. if you do use detergent on it make sure you rinse every last bit off and then cover the area with a waterproofing like fabsil - Ive got a hartford L (smaller version of yours) excellent tent despite various mud and mould spots -

if you put it in a washing machine, you'll have to buy a new one.