Air conditioning in Hillsborough gym..

i doubt it wouild be more expensive. gyms have been one of the biggest victims of the recession as a gym membership is pretty much the first thing cut from someones budget. they barely make any money at all, and would rather install temporary solutions rather than a total overhaul, which would probably mean you would have no gym to go to all owing to them going bust.

I understand that cost is a big issue and that gyms suffer in a recession. However, i am sure that upgrades and maintainence costs would have been built in to their business model, especially when it is putting their customers at risk? Maybe a tip off to the Health and Safety Executive would help them pull their finger out? I really dont hink they would go bust..

I used to use this gym. I run extremely fast on treadmills as I do with street running. I only joined for winter months, but after 3 weeks I just stopped going, I returned to street running in the ice and snow, I decided I'd rather injure myself slipping rather then passing out with heat exhaustion.

I was that hot on treadmills I was having to pour water over my head, god knows what everyone in the gym thought, but it cooled me down. Yes I did complain.

I wouldn't return to this gym at .50p a year.

Ive been tempted to do the same but scared i may electocute myself! Sadly i have had to stop running outside due to injury- i miss it though- at least i could breathe outside :roll:

Might be an idea to post a link to this thread on their website if it bothers you that much...

I understand that cost is a big issue and that gyms suffer in a recession. However, i am sure that upgrades and maintainence costs would have been built in to their business model, especially when it is putting their customers at risk? Maybe a tip off to the Health and Safety Executive would help them pull their finger out? I really dont hink they would go bust..

the health and saftey executive???? :hihi: it's a bit hot.

i've worked in and used a gym that has had air con problems to the point where it hasn't worked at all. it took them 5 years to finally justify the cost of installing a new system. this was a david lloyd too, which i would imagine generated far more significant revenues than hillsborough gym.

It does state that there are minimum LOWS, but not maximum highs - only guidelines which don't have to be legally adhered to! Still, this afternoon it was 24 in there which is at the top range for a room where there is low physical activity (e.g. sick room - this is from a teaching union webiste!!) so, hardly the most useful temperature for a gym!

It does state that there are minimum LOWS, but not maximum highs - only guidelines which don't have to be legally adhered to! Still, this afternoon it was 24 in there which is at the top range for a room where there is low physical activity (e.g. sick room - this is from a teaching union webiste!!) so, hardly the most useful temperature for a gym!

It is but if you look at it, it does say Higher than normal levels of physical activity, eg gyms and drama workshops 15°C

It is but if you look at it, it does say Higher than normal levels of physical activity, eg gyms and drama workshops 15°C

Yes, but that is the minimum temperature, not the maximum.

i was in there today it was nice and cool but i mat have been in a prime spot near a vent??? what gets me is when people use a machine without wiping it after, i have a towl and think of others , you dirty scumbags you know who you are!!!!!

just back from concord and the one upstairs in the cardio area still isnt working,looks like they are having the same issues

just back from concord and the one upstairs in the cardio area still isnt working,looks like they are having the same issues

Yeah it was very hot upstairs at Concord tonight, and the smell was awful.

Just got back from hillsborough.All air con units in cardio area have been taken down.So it looks like some repairs are being done,.thank god,.Gets too hot too quick and the floor fans are useless.