Air conditioning in Hillsborough gym..

I'll email them. I suppose I shouldn't just moan about it, I should probably make more of an effort to try and get them to sort it out. In general, I just find a few of the staff in the gym a bit nonchalant and apathetic. The number of times there's no blue roll in there yet there's one or two member of staff just standing round and chatting...

Went in yesterday and it was 79 degF according to thermometer in the gym, sometimes it can be colder in the weights area than the cardio area, yesterday the whole area was like a sauna. Fed up of complaining about it, like people have said, if they cant afford to fix it, maybe they should install some windows that open instead

Went in yesterday and it was 79 degF according to thermometer in the gym, sometimes it can be colder in the weights area than the cardio area, yesterday the whole area was like a sauna. Fed up of complaining about it, like people have said, if they cant afford to fix it, maybe they should install some windows that open instead

it was being in there yesterday that prompted this thread- it was dangerously hot for people exercising. I cant believe that they cant afford to fix it though. As far as i am aware, it is the original system that was fitted when the gym moved upstairs (that shows how long ive been going )

Seriously though, if i bought a petition in next time -would you (or anyone else for that matter) sign it? :suspect: Must be easier than getting people to complain in writing?

i think you would all be amazed at how much these systems cost to fix, never mind replace.

i think you would all be amazed at how much these systems cost to fix, never mind replace.

I dont doubt it.. However, they have duty of care to the gym users and are happy to take our money from us month after month,year after year with little or no (obvious) maintainance. Will it take someone to collapse before something is done? The compensation pay out, should that happen would surely be more expensive?

I was there on Friday, and they just had a couple of large fans placed on the floor. I could only manage 20 mins on the bike, then I had to leave as it was too hot in there for me.

The fans are ok, bu the thing is that all they do is blow around hot air - it actually needs cooling down. It is dangerously hot in there sometimes, I agree. I'll sign a petition, but I think that if all the miffed people wrote individually, it'd probably make more impact - they can't ignore 30 individuals but they may 'write off' a petition? Just my opinion...

If you want to get your point accross or make a stand, then withdraw your membership.

If the membership numbers suddenly drop, and they find out that this is perhaps the main reason, they will solve the problem sharpish.

While you are paying, they don't need to do anything. If the membership numbers are up, then I guess from there point of view, the customers are happy.

I'm not likely to drive 20 minutes each way to get to the gym when I could get to Ponds Forge, the EIS or Concord faster and easier though, am I?

I'm not likely to drive 20 minutes each way to get to the gym when I could get to Ponds Forge, the EIS or Concord faster and easier though, am I?

It'll be worth it! :D

I go just about every day and the temperature is ok with me. I prefer it a bit warmer..