Israel Grayson - descendants ?

thanks again rivelin , i'll try the library to see if theres any descendants still about who may have a photo , hope your dad can remember them as well , would be interesting to have a 'tale' of them to pass on to my dad, any ideas of how i could find out which schools she attended ?, thanks again for your time , lee

Edited by imaplank

thanks again rivelin , i'll try the library to see if theres any descendants still about who may have a photo , hope your dad can remember them as well , would be interesting to have a 'tale' of them to pass on to my dad, any ideas of how i could find out which schools she attended ?, thanks again for your time , lee

A good way of finding some descendants without going to the library is take the name of the men in that group I gave you, check who they married and the names of their children then look them up on 192. com. I will have a go later for you and see if I can find owt. My Dad lived on Newark Street which came off Liverpool Street and he went to Maltby Street school. There was Carbrook C of E School around there as well as the other Carbrook. Sheffield Indexers have transcribed some school registers from certain schools.

Edited by Rivelin6

Sent you a private message concerning possible living relatives.

I had a word with my Dad yesterday but he doesn't remember your family I'm afraid. I'm seeing my aunty again today so will see if I can jog her memory more.:)

cheers rivelin , any 'nuggets' of info will help , thanks , lee

hi rivelin , did your aunt have any 'wisdom of the ages' to impart ? , cheers , lee

hi rivelin , did your aunt have any 'wisdom of the ages' to impart ? , cheers , lee

Sorry imaplank I meant to get back to you yesterday but not been too well.No I'm afraid she couldn't remember any more.:(

no probs rivelin , thanks for your assistance , and get well soon ! , cheers , lee

I lived at brompton road in the 60's and a family of grayson's lived in the next yard to me number 67 i think and it was opposite from maltby street school, I don't know if this any help to you.

hi all , wondering if anybody out there can help ?

my dad (Peter Phillips) only recently found out that his birth mother died when he was 14months old, his dad (Harold) remarried soon after and didnt tell him about his mother.

all photos of her were destroyed and we cant find a picture anywhere.

before he shuttles off this mortal coil , i'd like to try and get a photo of her young or otherwise.

she was called Mary Jane Phillips(nee Grayson) , her father was Israel Grayson - an unusual name ! , her mother was Betsy Grayson (nee Anson).

they lived at darnall and attercliffe .

she was born 3/8/20 and died of tb on 27/11/44.

if anybody has traced their roots ( which seems popular these days ), and have a link back to Israel Grayson or may possibly have a photo of Mary Jane , please get in touch .

thank you for your time and consideration in reading this .

cheers . lee

I have a document in my possesion, I am not sure if it will help out.I would like to start by explaining how I know the family or part of it,I married a girl who lived on Liverpool St,her mothers maiden name was Grayson,I also knew Betsy Grayson,who was my Wifes aunt,the last time I saw her was a long time ago,she lived on Oaks Fold off Bellhouse road,so this document is dated 15th November 1948,Betsy Grayson living at 205 Newhall Road paid for a plot in Tinsley Park cemetery for Israel Grayson,marked on a plan,Number 66 section Kb,at that time he was 62.I hope in some way it helps

I have a document in my possesion, I am not sure if it will help out.I would like to start by explaining how I know the family or part of it,I married a girl who lived on Liverpool St,her mothers maiden name was Grayson,I also knew Betsy Grayson,who was my Wifes aunt,the last time I saw her was a long time ago,she lived on Oaks Fold off Bellhouse road,so this document is dated 15th November 1948,Betsy Grayson living at 205 Newhall Road paid for a plot in Tinsley Park cemetery for Israel Grayson,marked on a plan,Number 66 section Kb,at that time he was 62.I hope in some way it helps

hi , i was wondering if you could scan and send me a copy of the document ? , i'm trying to build up a profile for my dad , but struggling at the minute . cheers , lee

I was at Maltby Street School, 1947 to 1957. There was a Barbara Grayson there, either in my class or just above. I think she lived on Clay street, just about opposite the "other" entrance to the school.