Learn how to write and draw comics

Part-time courses in comic book creation are enrolling for summer and autumn classes at the WEA learning centre, Attercliffe.

This hands-on curriculum helps you develop your idea into finished script and artwork.

No experience or formal qualifications required. We are looking for talented adults with a genuine desire to acquire creative industry skills.

For more course details please ring:

0114 2423609

Or send a PM with your enquiries

I made an account to ask about this, but apparently I need five posts before I can PM, and I tend to stutter on the phone, so:

- I'm 17, would I count as an adult enough to come on the course this summer, or would I be too young?

- Any ideas of the dates/time for the course? I'd need to know if it clashed with school before I would be able to decide if I should commit to going or not.

- How much would it cost?

- Would we need to have an idea pre-prepared? And if so, in how much detail?

Thank you in advance, and sorry about not asking via pm. ^^;

Absolutely, more information on here would be appreciated.

Aye, I'd like to know more anorl.

I have zero drawing talent, (infact I'll change that, I have negative drawing talent) but have an idea for a story which I can only visualise as a comic. My experience with comics is low, I've read a few of the more adult ones (does Viz count?) like the Punisher Max series and Preacher, but I wouldn't know enough about them to adapt a stroy for the media.

As I can't really see my drawing ability increasing in the next 50 years, would Iget anything from this?

Part-time courses in comic book creation are enrolling for summer and autumn classes at the WEA learning centre, Attercliffe.

This hands-on curriculum helps you develop your idea into finished script and artwork.

No experience or formal qualifications required. We are looking for talented adults with a genuine desire to acquire creative industry skills.

For more course details please ring:

0114 2423609

Or send a PM with your enquiries

Is there anything like this for children? My grandson loves comics and he would love to design his own.

I'd be up for this, but with work and other commitments I'd find it difficult to regularly commit to it :(

I'm quite a good drawer, always have been.

I'd be up for this, but with work and other commitments I'd find it difficult to regularly commit to it :(

I'm quite a good drawer, always have been.

You got any pics online dude?

You got any pics online dude?

Sadly not, seeing as I don't have any webspace.

Sadly not, seeing as I don't have any webspace.

Then click on reply and draw on the screen... Easy when you know how.

Phoned WEA twice, still no info......how do i get more information about this course??

Hi Everyone

Sorry about the delay and your difficulties in replying.

The course starts 22nd September at WEA Sheffield Learning Centre 3 Vicarage Rd., Attercliffe.

The course explores comic book production in a fun and friendly atmosphere with sessions combining media theory and hands-on production skills. Learners are supported in designing a range of multimedia products - reflecting individual interest.

The fees depend on whether or not you are in receipt of benefits (£3) or in employment (£126).

For more details phone 0114 2423609 or 07833237442 or email: russell.wall@hotmail.com.

Check out the film we made for the Stan Lee Excelsior Awards 2011 on Youtube and Forbidden Planet International.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

You must be 19+ years old to be applicable.

Best wishes

Russell

Edited by Videomaking