Homeless cat and kittens at Darnal -HELP needed!

I think that a decision needs to be made upon fostering once the mum and babes are already caught, because if they're trapped and mum is bouncing off the walls feral then they simply won't be suitable for most of the willing souls who have offered so kindly.

Being happy to be within sight of a human is not the same thing at all as being comfortable being touched or picked up, and even if mummy is friendly there's a great possibility that the babies are at this point completely feral and will need trapping.

The other thing is that trying to put a hormonal mummy in a home with other animals could be a recipe for disaster, so this will need to be done very carefully, for the physical and mental health of all of the animals and people involved.

I would wait and see what the mum and kits are actually like before even catching them. They might be just very scared. If the mum is friendly I think it will follow that the kits will be too. The cat might just be abandoned. No mention has been made of it being feral.

If a forumer lives locally to the lady, and Moon has the address, then might it be ok for that person to watch for the cat for an hour or so, rather than leaving it to Pink's mum.

Who is feeding the cat? Pink - when do you visit your mum, can you not help with information gathering?? What time does the cat actually go under the shed? Someone must see her on a regular basis, with two kits!? Good job it's warm out there.

You could try phoning the cats protection league. They have a website and a sheffield branch.

Any updates on the cat and kittens?

Nothing yet...this could all take some time unfortunately, I have heard nothing from the Lady where the cat and kits has been so I presume the cat has not been back yet, I have rang the Lady but she seems to not be home.

We have a volunteer to feed and win over the cats confidence before catching her, as soon as I make contact with the Lady and the cat appears then this task can begin, be ready for the long haul :hihi:

Just heard from the Lady and there has been no sightings of the cat and kits for a couple of days :(

Lady needs someone else to be looking as well, Moon. Perhaps the cat is well under the shed at night. Hope Mute can make contact with her. And at least put some food down for mum. If there's regular food down, she'll appear. Poor thing, she must be under a lot of pressure with two kits to feed. She might have already lost some other kits along the way. Hope she doesn't lose the remaining two.

After talking too moonbird realised basicly all though on next street there backs are basicly top of our rd.Anyone have a id of this cat.Not seen kits but get loads of cats coming for food i leave for foxes well that was intention.Dont really take much notice what comes for what.

Recent visitors besides fox lol

Black cat white round nose white boots limp left rear leg.

Ginger tom hahaha change that to just ginger lol

Black brown but looks totaly black until you get close.

Edited by terminator

After talking too moonbird realised basicly all though on next street there backs are basicly top of our rd.Anyone have a id of this cat.Not seen kits but get loads of cats coming for food i leave for foxes well that was intention.Dont really take much notice what comes for what.

Recent visitors besides fox lol

Black cat white round nose white boots limp left rear leg.

Ginger tom hahaha change that to just ginger lol

Black brown but looks totaly black until you get close.

The cat is a tabby cat Terminator and the kits are now a few weeks old so will be in tow, the Lady says the Mum is looking a bit scraggy...which is hardly surprising, be good if we could make some head way with this before Mum has yet another litter.

Were they seen last night - not sure if I can do much tonight but i may be able to stake out the place if someone will come with me tomorrow??? Will that help or is someone already going? There is a possibility I can do tonight aswell but not certain yet so dont want to commit. Is there a certain time mummy cat turns up? I have tuna etc to entice if needs be :hihi:

Were they seen last night - not sure if I can do much tonight but i may be able to stake out the place if someone will come with me tomorrow??? Will that help or is someone already going? There is a possibility I can do tonight aswell but not certain yet so dont want to commit. Is there a certain time mummy cat turns up? I have tuna etc to entice if needs be :hihi:

I can go with you if you like? I don't think she has been seen at all for a couple of days, the Lady thought that she was doing right and blocked up entrances to the shed to stop her :( we unblocked them again (with her permission) but up to now the cat hasn't been back, she was going there around dusk and has been seen by other neighbours too.

Update...I just spoke to the Lady and the cat was seen yesterday, not by her but by her neighbour, so she is still in the area.