Maternity grant unfair

i didn't say anything of the sort. you seem very touchy on the subject. im not advocating people starve if they lose their jobs, no one has, you're flying off the handle here i think. but if you are already on state hand outs why should you have the right to put an even larger burden on the state just because you want kids? who gives you that right?

you are taking no responsibility for your actions and expect everyone else to pick up your tab, give me one good reason why you should not have to provide for your own children? and how does that make you a good parent?

Really I seem a little touchy? I am one of those people relying upon benefits, not because I WANT to but because I HAVE to. I am a single parent with two small children made redundant on the day my eldest was born. I don't have a family to fall back on as a free babysitting service, my ex-wife is only allowed supervised contact so how am I supposed to find work? Where am I, not one of the 2.4 MILLION unemployed going to find a job which will offer the flexible working and the pay levels required to make working worthwhile? I do voluntary work which I can fit round my parental responsibilities. I take personally the character assasination being made against the majority of single parents on benefits. If you think I'm taking no responsibility then you consider how much it would cost the council or state if I decided I couldn't cope and put the children into care. I believe the current cost of children placed in care is around £500 per WEEK and take my word for it I'm not getting £1000 per week!!

People on benefits shouldn't have babies

Everyone that has a child gets child benefit so how would that work? Oh you mean poor people shouldn't have children.

We need more children at the moment on the country so we should be encouraging young poeple to procreate not making ignorant judgmental statements.

The reason the welfare state exists is to support people who can't do so themselves for whatever reason.

Really I seem a little touchy? I am one of those people relying upon benefits, not because I WANT to but because I HAVE to. I am a single parent with two small children made redundant on the day my eldest was born. I don't have a family to fall back on as a free babysitting service, my ex-wife is only allowed supervised contact so how am I supposed to find work? Where am I, not one of the 2.4 MILLION unemployed going to find a job which will offer the flexible working and the pay levels required to make working worthwhile? I do voluntary work which I can fit round my parental responsibilities. I take personally the character assasination being made against the majority of single parents on benefits. If you think I'm taking no responsibility then you consider how much it would cost the council or state if I decided I couldn't cope and put the children into care. I believe the current cost of children placed in care is around £500 per WEEK and take my word for it I'm not getting £1000 per week!!
so you can find voluntary work that you can fix around your responsibilities now yet you couldnt if you found a (proper job be that part time)? you also say about pay levels required to make working worthwhile well welcome to the real world mate :huh: i cant be bothered to look at what you will be getting in benefits but didnt this government say that anyone working will be better off in work than on benfits . i wonder why its not working ?

I just wonder why OP decided to have baby under these circumstances and where is the father? We live in a nanny state where people expect something for nothing. Where's the money coming from as we are in the middle of a depression?:roll:

so you can find voluntary work that you can fix around your responsibilities now yet you couldnt if you found a (proper job be that part time)? you also say about pay levels required to make working worthwhile well welcome to the real world mate :huh: i cant be bothered to look at what you will be getting in benefits but didnt this government say that anyone working will be better off in work than on benfits . i wonder why its not working ?

Have you ever tried to get a job whilst a single parent with no support network. If not I suggest you make the effort to ] learn what you are talking about I am not going to make myself poorer just because of sanctimonious muppets like you. My voluntary employer has no problem when I phone in and inform him the school is shut or One of my kids are ill and I cant turn up. You show me an employer with the same attitude, my kids come first and if you don't like that then kiss my hairy .....

Most employers have little choice but to accept that parents will miss work occasionally when a child is ill or it snows and the schools close. Being a 2 parent family doesn't really alter that someone has to stay home if a child is ill.

Have you ever tried to get a job whilst a single parent with no support network. If not I suggest you make the effort to ] learn what you are talking about I am not going to make myself poorer just because of sanctimonious muppets like you. My voluntary employer has no problem when I phone in and inform him the school is shut or One of my kids are ill and I cant turn up. You show me an employer with the same attitude, my kids come first and if you don't like that then kiss my hairy .....
i think your attitude is like some of the people who live on benefits making excuse after excuse about why they cant work . seeing as im not a single parent with 2 kids etc i cant imagine how they would manage . i hope someone who has been in your position comes along and explains how it can be done

Don't you just love all these people who squit out children, live on benefits and then have an attitude about it. No one owes you a living. Bet your kids love living in a house supported on handouts.

Wrong. Plenty of single parents who manage to work and bring up children. Try harder.:loopy:

Everyone that has a child gets child benefit so how would that work? Oh you mean poor people shouldn't have children.

We need more children at the moment on the country so we should be encouraging young poeple to procreate not making ignorant judgmental statements.

The reason the welfare state exists is to support people who can't do so themselves for whatever reason.

What, are you nuts? We're in the middle of a recession with high unemployment and we're sinking in the abyss - why do we need more children?

What, are you nuts? We're in the middle of a recession with high unemployment and we're sinking in the abyss - why do we need more children?

Because, if you do it correctly, they will grow into adults? And get jobs, pay tax, purchase goods and services and generally keep things ticking along? It will be my children that work to pay your pension.

Edited by Loubbe
sp

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and just rang to enquirer about the maternity grant and just been told I'm not eligible to claim because I'm on incapacity benefit not income support! so because I'm not working because I'm unable rather than either by choice or been unfortunate i cant get any help for my baby i think this is disgusting so because I'm ill my baby has to miss out on £500 to help me provide a good start where as if i was just unemployed i could claim. :rant::rant::rant:

You obviously wasn't that incapacitated when you was making babies.