New Wednesday away kit

from twitter -:

@swfc

Sheffield Wednesday

We confirm that the new 2011/12 away kit will be sponsor-logo free when it goes on sale at 9am this Friday. More: http://bit.ly/kYIRx7 #swfc

from twitter -:

@swfc

Sheffield Wednesday

We confirm that the new 2011/12 away kit will be sponsor-logo free when it goes on sale at 9am this Friday. More: http://bit.ly/kYIRx7 #swfc

I wondered on this actually, because if reports are to be believed, the contract hasn't yet been signed/only just signed.

I thought they wouldn't be able to get the sponsors printed on in time.

Does this have an affect on how much the sponsorship would be?

Wonder if we will ever find that out.

from twitter -:

@swfc

Sheffield Wednesday

Sponsor free when it goes on sale, but will the club bring a batch out at Xmas with Trevors Bakery or whoever emblazoned on the front. Making the shirts without a sponsor look unauthentic.

I agree with a previous poster that it looks like a training top, particularly without a sponsor. I might stich an old chupa chupos logo on the front:hihi:

I may give this one a miss as I already have a silver Wednesday shirt I wear to most match which the Mrs got my for my 21st with it being the shirt of my birth year 87, http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/league-one/sheffield-wednesday/1986-87-sheffield-wednesday-away-shirt-xl.html

Also agree we should go with a green and white hoops.

It's out today and doesn't look too bad in the flesh to be honest but beware of the sizes, they're smaller even though it's the same supplier so you may need up your normal size.

Edit to add : They are smaller, I've not got fatter since the start of last season :) .

I have bought one and love the new shirt.

The sizes are very small though so be sure to try one on before you buy.

Top shirt !

I can't understand people who complain about the shirt being sold without a sponsor. Yes you could say it doesn't look "authentic", but I'd love the chance to buy a sponsor-free shirt. I'm not too keen on the away shirt personally but I'd like a home shirt without a sponsor on it - it's a Wednesday shirt I want to wear, not a Sanderson/Chupachups/Napoleons etc one

I can't understand people who complain about the shirt being sold without a sponsor. Yes you could say it doesn't look "authentic", but I'd love the chance to buy a sponsor-free shirt.

With you 100% on that one.

It very rarely happens these days.

However, is this shirt going to be without a sponsor altogether? Or just the shirts released now?

With you 100% on that one.

It very rarely happens these days.

However, is this shirt going to be without a sponsor altogether? Or just the shirts released now?

We'll have a sponsor on it, but this first batch is being sold without one as the details aren't finalised. The option will be there to have the sponsor added at a later date, which will presumably be some tacky iron-on affair.

One of the best home shirts we had in the last couple of decades was in the early 2000s - but I refused to buy it because it had the huge Chupachups logo dominating it.