Evans Halshaw Dealer Sheffield

Any reviews or experiences about Evan Halshaw dealer on Penistone road? Is it worth taking a sevice plan from them?

Any reviews or experiences about Evan Halshaw dealer on Penistone road? Is it worth taking a sevice plan from them?

No, but worth taking a service plan out with them, but seriously it is worth it because you can take it to all evans halshaws and most other major dealers like perrys, funilly enough mine went in today for a service and MOT in one we paid for when we bought the car and the charges were very reasonable.

It's Reg Vardy in a different guise.

I know plenty of people who've bought from them, and not one has a good word to say about the company.

Things like taking delivery of a 'brand new' car and finding the seats damaged, crisp packets in the rear pockets, scratches and dents on panels - and when confronted about these, they didn't want to know.. One salesman even told a friend of mine that the dent must've come from the factory so they'd have to take it up with Citroen!!

I'd never go near the place!

Apart from that, they're great..

It's Reg Vardy in a different guise.

I know plenty of people who've bought from them, and not one has a good word to say about the company.

Things like taking delivery of a 'brand new' car and finding the seats damaged, crisp packets in the rear pockets, scratches and dents on panels - and when confronted about these, they didn't want to know.. One salesman even told a friend of mine that the dent must've come from the factory so they'd have to take it up with Citroen!!

I'd never go near the place!

Apart from that, they're great..

I think the OP was asking about the service plan, not car sales.

I think the OP was asking about the service plan, not car sales.

Any reviews or experiences about Evan Halshaw dealer on Penistone road?

I took that to mean reviews or experiences about Evan Halshaw dealer on Penistone Road, which I gave.

The best thing to OP could do is look at the small print of the service plan and see if it's worth taking. There's usually clauses to get them out of paying anything if at all possible.

I took that to mean reviews or experiences about Evan Halshaw dealer on Penistone Road, which I gave.

The best thing to OP could do is look at the small print of the service plan and see if it's worth taking. There's usually clauses to get them out of paying anything if at all possible.

Admitedly the 'get out' clauses in the service plan are vast, just about everything on the car, but no different to anyone elses service plans.

Stay away!!!

Stay away!!!

Who me????????

Who me????????

Yeah, stay away from me!

Hehe, no, the OP. My advice would be to stay away from these Delboy types. I don't wanna go into too much detail, for legal reasons, but they will tell you anything to get a sale and then try to renage.

Yeah, stay away from me!

Hehe, no, the OP. My advice would be to stay away from these Delboy types. I don't wanna go into too much detail, for legal reasons, but they will tell you anything to get a sale and then try to renage.

I don't doubt this for a second, but as I said earlier they're no different to any other dealer.

We had problems with the service plan. We bought the car & service plan last December (from Leeds branch). We explained that my husband does alot of miles but were told it didn't matter, the service plan includes 4 services and 2 MOT's - 'the time span doesn't matter'.... The car needed servicing last month (5 months in), booked it in, took it to the dealership (Rotherham) to be told that the 'first service isn't due until the 20th June...'. Many phone calls to the service manager (who didn't answer/didn't return the calls). They only responded when I phoned and told them that I would take further action as they had 'mis-sold' the service plan......

Not impressed at all (this is also on top of the fact that the car leaked all of it's oil on the journey home the day we collected it). I certainly wouldn't buy anything from them again or recommend them.

Check the terms of the service plan......

Find a reliable garage and use them,forget about dealer services.