HypnoBirthing - the peaceful way to give birth

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread but did a search and couldn't find anything here on the subject.

I am thinking of doing a hypnobirth class for my second baby. (not due till April but doing my research now!). My first birth was very hard going and I am determined this time is going to be more chilled...:)

Does anyone have experience of hypnobirthing - good or bad. Does it work??! And can anyone recommend a teacher.

Thank you!

Although i have no personal experience of hypnobirthing i know of a hypnobirthing teacher, she's actually a forum member herself. Im not sure how she'll be fixed at the min as she's just had a baby herself but im sure she'l be able to point you in the right direction if not! here's her website http://sheffieldhypnobirthing.co.uk there's lots of interesting info on there!

Hi,

I have just had my 2nd baby and my labour was extremely different this time. First time I was induced, on a drip, had an epidural, had ventouse, was cut and tore and had many stitches. This time I went into labour by myself, felt the first pain at 6.30pm, didn't think I was definitely in labour until 8.30pm and she was born 10.46pm! I had some damage but didn't have to have any stitches. People say it's quicker and easier 2nd time and I certainly found this to be the case so fingers crossed for you.

This time we only just got to the hospital in time and therefore I didn't have any pain relief. I didn't do hypnobirthing classes as I couldn't afford to but I did use the Natal Hypnotherapy birth CD. They also do others you can buy. The CD really helped me to focus on my breathing and I said 321 Relax (a key phrase on the CD) to help calm me down and used other bits of imagery off the CD. I already felt the need to push before we left the house and the journey to hospital was awful. I think without using ideas from the CD I'd have been more panicky then I was. So it might be worth checking out the CDs online and seeing what you think. You basically listen over and over again and the positive suggestions become part of your thinking and you learn ways to manage the pain. If you do decide to buy search for discount codes on the net as I got 20% off I think.

hi picasso

I'm the HypnoBirthing teacher that Jellybellybean refered to. I've just given birth, but have got some courses planned coming up. I'll PM you with the details of them. Please note that whilst on my website I do advertise set prices, I do have a discount policy that aims make the course accessible to ALL - just ask for this if it interests you. It is the aim of the HypnoBirthing Institute to be able to offer the classes and therefore potential benefits to everyone who would like them.

My website has loads more information about the course and other things parent / baby related that you can check out. Best wishes :D and congratulations on your pregnancy.

I'm planning a HypnoBirthing Picnic for Sunday August 1st in the afternoon.

It is a wonderful opportunity to meet HypnoBirthing families both with bumps and those who have given birth to their beautiful babies. There is time for sharing birth stories all together as well as chatting and getting to know other families in the area. We all have a lovely time! I will also be demonstrating a variety of slings on the day which you may like to look into for your baby.

It would be lovely to see you there, even if you don't choose to do the HypnoBirthing course yourself. I ask people to bring along a bit of food or drink to share. Do let me know if you can attend, then I'll send you the precise details by return. Feel free to extend this invitation to anyone you know who is pregnant in the area, the more the merrier!!! PM me for more info :)

one of my friends had a very difficult first birth and attended hyponobirthing prior to having her second. she had a much better and quicker birth and felt the hyponobirthing had made a big difference. good luck!

HypnoBirthing teaches you deep breathing, relaxation, visualisation and encourage your lovely endorphins so that you can have the lovely peaceful relaxed birth you deserve

I plan to run some Introduction to HypnoBirthing sessions in August to spread the news of this wonderful way of giving birth. Let me know if you are interested and where you are based so I can make sure I cover your area.

I had both my children using HypnoBirthing and I was so incredibly impressed that I am now a HypnoBirthing instructor.

My website is www.birthpeacefully.co.uk

Edited by Birth-Peace

I'm up for giving anything a try so count mein - living in the s17 area x

HypnoBirthing group courses in Sheffield for £130, cheaper if you host the classes in your home.

Private classes for a more personal approach, with a refresher class and a post-natal 'all you need to know about baby

' class for £195

HypnoBirthing® is a complete birth education programme, that teaches you all you need to know about how your body gives birth, simple but specific self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques, and light touch massage for a better birth.

In the course you will receive:

:)A friendly, fun and most of all deeply relaxing and loving 12 hours with your partner and baby bump.

:)12 hours tutition time, normally, over four sessions - but I'm flexible, particularly for people coming to the course later in pregnancy.

:)The official HypnoBirthing® book, "HypnoBirthing®, The Breakthrough Approach to Safer, Easier, Comfortable Birthing"

:)The official HypnoBirthing® CD "Rainbow Relaxation and Birth Affirmations"

:)CD of Relaxation Music

:)Course Handouts and Scripts

:)A doulaesque support throughout your pregnancy and in the first few weeks of your new baby. I'm here for you to answer questions, to give advice, to help in anyway I can throughout the remainder of your pregnancy and the first few weeks of your wonderful new baby

Message me for more details or contact me through my website http://www.birthpeacefully.co.uk

Edited by Birth-Peace

Thought I would bump up this thread as just wanted to update with my experience of hynobirthing, so far!

I have been having classes with the lovely OllieKitten (above) from http://www.birthpeacefully.co.uk and she has completely put me at ease, and I am now looking forward to labour!

I am not a stressed person but I am very impatient, so wanted to be able to relax myself pre and during labour. I have learnt some amazing techniques, and my husband has been able to feel a lot more involved too! Before he was worried about me being in pain and him not being able to do anything, whereas hypnobirth has helped give him a role during labour, and spend more time with bump beforehand!

I would say the classes are perfect for any mum to be wanting to have a calm labour - the videos of ther mums are just amazing, and I am sure my labour will be just as positive. Hypnobirthing has also taght me some great relaxation tips, which i can use after labour too. For anyone feeling sceptical, I wasn't sure that it would 'work' for me, but the music and scripts put me in such a state of calmness that I totally feel in a trance! If I'm relaxed, then my body will be relaxed, so less pain - brilliant!

Most of all, Olliekitten is an amazing woman, and someone I feel I can turn to with any stupid question, even if not hypnobirth related!

Hope to read about other people's experiences!

x

Edited by weenireeni