Is 6 weeks too young for a kitten to leave it's mother?

I think that's the point foxy- do the people who are letting kittens go at 6 weeks check that there are feline rôle models in their new home to teach them how to be proper cats?

My grown up cats and my dog do far more for the kittens I foster as they grow than I do, because I don't speak kitten in the way that Billy and Isaac do. For a kitten to grow up into a happy and well balanced cat they really do need some positive rôle models.

One of the recognised problems with single orphan kittens being hand reared in the absence of other cats is that the kittens grow up to be ever so slightly strange and unlike other cats, and this has a knock on effect if you ever try to mix them with other cats after this isolation, because they forget how to speak fluent cat and other cats' body language doesn't make sense to them. This is one of the reasons why single kittens are always better fostered in a home with friendly adult cats.

Not from a breeder i hope

must keep accurate records and puppies cannot be sold until they are eight weeks old

I think it was from a breeder as they know what the dog is mixed with and apparantly there were alot of other pups. Im not exactly sure as I didnt hear all the conversations of the pup.

I think it was from a breeder as they know what the dog is mixed with and apparantly there were alot of other pups. Im not exactly sure as I didnt hear all the conversations of the pup.

Dog breeders who breed five or more litters a year must be licensed under the Breeding and Sale of Dogs (Welfare) Act 1999. Even if you breed fewer than five litters a year, but breed for business purposes, you too must be licensed.

The Act also states that licensed breeders cannot mate a bitch under 12 months old; cannot whelp more than six litters from a bitch; cannot whelp two litters within a 12-month period from the same bitch; they must keep accurate records and puppies cannot be sold until they are eight weeks old. However, they are able to sell puppies, less than eight weeks of age to (petshops :loopy:)

Dog breeders who breed five or more litters a year must be licensed under the Breeding and Sale of Dogs (Welfare) Act 1999. Even if you breed fewer than five litters a year, but breed for business purposes, you too must be licensed.

The Act also states that licensed breeders cannot mate a bitch under 12 months old; cannot whelp more than six litters from a bitch; cannot whelp two litters within a 12-month period from the same bitch; they must keep accurate records and puppies cannot be sold until they are eight weeks old. However, they are able to sell puppies, less than eight weeks of age to (petshops :loopy:)

its just mad isent it :mad::(:loopy:

its just mad isent it :mad::(:loopy:
Yep sure is just dont get last part at all either way you look at it.

Just gone to see my friend who has five 1 week old kittens and she is planning to sell them at 6 weeks of age but only if they are all eating by them selves.

I am trying to get her to wait until at least 8 weeks of age tho, hopefully I will succeed.

This is her first lot of kittens and its the cats as well (acidental litter), (will be spaying the mother once the mother is able to be spayed)

Update: Just looked up an ad they have put on preloved and they are waiting until the kittens are 12 weeks old before selling them :)

Edited by Cerid
UPDATE