Fitness First Hillsborough Closing

well that is rubbish not letting you know etc, i am a member of SIV and use hillsborough and ponds, i have no real complaints and its good value for money, yes they do get busy and sometimes they dont put on enough classes on those in high demand. that is my only complaint. This new gym that is replacing FF mmmmm there web site not much info there, i would get phoning FF about your memberships and stop DD and standing orders.

Yeah the Klick website has very little information on it! Although at £9.99 per month, with no joining fee and no tie it is a good rate and £11 cheaper than I am currently paying at FF.

I wonder what they will be doing with the hairdressing salon and studio? If they fill it all with machines this will be a huge number?

Still have not heard anything from FF yet about what is happening and when the new place opens.

Yeah the Klick website has very little information on it! Although at £9.99 per month, with no joining fee and no tie it is a good rate and £11 cheaper than I am currently paying at FF.

I wonder what they will be doing with the hairdressing salon and studio? If they fill it all with machines this will be a huge number?

Still have not heard anything from FF yet about what is happening and when the new place opens.

The studio, the coffee area and hairdressers are all going.. Its just going to be one big gym. New place should be opening in October time I would think. Klick fitness have a page on facebook if your on that and they have been answering questions..

My friend works at FF and has been made redundant as they are closing down. Devastating news for her! and all others losing jobs :(

The Penistone Road gym has already gone off the locator map on the Fitness First website, which makes me think that it's been sold off to another operator.

Just checked myself and your right. All happening rather quickly to be honest. Shame they couldnt inform their paying customers of all this.... Guess as always we will be the last to know!!!

They will still be having classes, they posted this on a comment on their facebook...

We'll have over 40 inclusive classes each week when the new Klick Fitness gym opens including Klick Spin, Klick Rowing and Klick Kettlebells. We'll be posting up more details of the classes at each of the gyms nearer the opening, so do check your newsfeed, you'll be the first to know! The klick Team

Just had my letter this morning saying that membership can be transferred to Millhouses if you go in before 30th June and arrange it. It also states that if you do not wish to transfer your membership then it will be automatically cancelled. The club will then be closed for 3 months while it undergoes a re-build. It does also look like classes will be available when it reopens which is good news. Also membership looks to be a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

There is no way you'd get me in a gym with no fitness instructors! whos gonna motivate, tell you whats right/wrong?

What a stupid thing to do...

There is no way you'd get me in a gym with no fitness instructors! whos gonna motivate, tell you whats right/wrong?

What a stupid thing to do...

I was a member of Fitness First from it opening in 1998 until 2007, it was fantastic at first but soon went downhill. IIRC the company hit financial difficulties around 2005 and you could tell, filthy changing rooms and toilets, equipment faulty. And as for the instructors, I used to see loads of inexperienced members doing things wrong and no intructors would ever inform them, they just wanted the £20 (or whatever it costs) personal trainer fee.

Left to join HLC (SIV) and although not perfect, yes it does get busy, it's a much better set up in my opinion.

For me the problem in the S6/North Sheffield area is that there are not enough gym/leisure centres to cater for demand, If there was a Virgin Gym in or around this area I wouldn't hesitate in joining, even if it meant paying a lot more than the current £26 a month i give SIV.

PS.....If you can't motivate yourself, then your in trouble :help:

edited post

Edited by Wroughton

I heard that there are still going to be some classes when it re-opens as Klick. I'm a freelance instructor there. SIV at Hillsborough are meant to have a good class timetable but classes are hard to get on as they are popular and need to be booked.

Fitness First, Millhouses is a good gym and classes are good there but I guess it's a treck for some. I'm starting some new Zumba classes. £4 per person, per session.

They are at the following venues:

Walkley Community Centre: Monday 10am - 11am

7A Fir Street

Sheffield, South Yorkshire S6 3TG

Wadlsey Parish Church Hall: Mondays 6.30pm to 7.30pm (Starts 13th June 11)

Worrall Rd

Sheffield S6 4BB

Ecclesfield Neighbourhood Support Centre:Thurs 6.30pm-7.30 (Starts 23rd june 11)

712 Wordsworth Avenue

Sheffield

S5 9JN

Everyone over the age of 16 welcome

Call or e mail me on 07852979546 or zumbamick@gmx.com for more details.

Cheers

I've only just joined :mad:

I can't travel to Millhouses so I'm hoping they honour a cancellation. Does anyone know if you can cancel?