Amazing new sharing menu @ The Wick at Both Ends

Change is afoot in The Wick at Both Ends...

On 1st June we’re launching our new sharing food and drink menu “Wick n Mix”!

We like to share, and we love the whole Spanish style of casual dining, so we’re introducing a new, creative 30 dish sharing menu.

One dish will cost £4, 2 for £7, 4 for £12 and 8 for £22, so the discount improves the bigger the group, or the more you eat!! We’ve also added a selection of speciality beers and wine to the Wick n Mix, so you can pick and choose between food and drink.

Wick n Mix is our version of international tapas. There is plenty of choice between filling comfort food and indulgent delicacies.

Here’s a taster of the kinds of delights we have on offer...

Calamari with home-made tartare sauce

Homemade fish fingers with minted pea puree

Wild mushrooms with garlic fried bread

Sage, onion, pork and cider meatballs in a tomato and basil sauce

Monkfish wrapped in Serrano ham, with new potato, rocket and samphire

Pan fried squid and grapefruit salad

Chicken enchilada with manchego cheese

Apple and black pudding fritters with tomato and chilli salsa

Belly pork, chorizo and black bean casserole

Home smoked chicken, sesame seeds, rocket and new potatoes

Slow cooked lamb shank shepherd’s pie

Tiger prawns fried with lemongrass and chilli

Greens mature cheddar and Irish goat’s cheese, crusty bread, balsamic onions and black water cress salad

Slow braised beef with shallots and garlic, crusty bread and black water cress salad

Mini steak and ale pie and mini chicken and mushroom pie with gravy

Mini veggie pie of the day with gravy

Carpaccio of venison with lightly pickled carrot and leeks

The great thing about Wick n Mix is you can come in for a quick bite to eat for lunch, or settle in for a full blown banquet. And regular Wickers don’t despair – the Wick n Mix runs alongside the existing menu!

We also have a new sharing cocktail menu, where you can get your fave drinks as sharers in watering cans...perfect for an after work summer tipple!

Sounds good don't it?? Come down and have a try!!

x:love:x

Kitchen: 12-9pm Monday-Friday, 12-8pm Weekends

Bar: 12-1am everyday

The Wick,

149-151 West Street

0114 2723039

follow us on twitter @wickatbothends

join us on facebook The Wick at Both Ends

Edited by harleysdiner

I seriously cannot wait to try this one.

These sound amazing, will definately try and make our first visit sometime very soon!

They sound amazing!! I'm going to have to stop coming in to just drink the yummy cocktails now. By the way big thanks to the barman who gave me and my friends a small discount on cocktails when we mentioned the forum.. I didn't expect it to work! :)

How many would you suggest for 2 people?

I'm struggling to get below 6 just for myself!

I'd get all 8... then order more, proper spanish stylie :)

How many would you suggest for 2 people?

I'm struggling to get below 6 just for myself!

hey,

we reckon that if you pick 2 of the comfort food options (ie enchalada, shepards pie etc) then you'll have a decent feed, but if you go for the more "hoo raa" options then you may need more to share...but dont forget you can add in speciality beers and wine as one of your picks, so you're not getting stung for dinks on top of your food bill!

hey,

we reckon that if you pick 2 of the comfort food options (ie enchalada, shepards pie etc) then you'll have a decent feed, but if you go for the more "hoo raa" options then you may need more to share...but dont forget you can add in speciality beers and wine as one of your picks, so you're not getting stung for dinks on top of your food bill!

Thanks, sounded an even better deal if you can choose a drink as one of the options!

Very tempted to try it out this week now!

Just to let you sunday roast lovers know, we'll be serving our (almost world famous!) roasts tomorrow as well as our (soon to be world famous!) Wick n Mix menu.

As a special treat to you forum folk, you can have a free coffee or speciality tea (from our new super awesome Cafeology coffee machine) after your sunday roast - just mention "sheffield forum" when ordering. (valid every sunday until july 31st 2011)

And...as always, all feedback about our food, drinks, staff or owt else is appreciated!

its so yummy i could eat the lots, not forgetting cocktails a plenty and specialty beers include peach beer! nom nom

Everything seems to be going pretty well with our new menu...we've just had our busiest ever weekend!

We really do appreciate all feedback so let us know what you think...

It does sound a really good menu. And something abit different to make eating out more interesting. Shall be trying it.