Woodseats the nightmare continues

I remember a panel meeting at the Woodseats WMC when the issue of Woodseats traffic was raised. A chap from the planning dept was there trying to explain that why Marshall Rd had been blocked off from the Abbey lane end. He said this was to prevent it being used as a "rat run". Later on in the meeting when questioned about why the same hadn't been done on The Dale (which runs next to a junior and infant school, he said this was for "pressure relief". I asked him if he could clarify the difference between the two. He waffled until rescued by the chairman but never gave an answer.

I remember traffic on Woodseats before the bus lane and other changes. When it was really bad it could be backed up to The Abbey. Now it can be backed up to Meadowhead roundabout with every 3rd car doing a U turn into oncoming traffic to find another route. Progress? I think not...

I'm afraid our "planners" couldn't plan the best way to fall off a wall.

I remember a panel meeting at the Woodseats WMC when the issue of Woodseats traffic was raised. A chap from the planning dept was there trying to explain that why Marshall Rd had been blocked off from the Abbey lane end. He said this was to prevent it being used as a "rat run". Later on in the meeting when questioned about why the same hadn't been done on The Dale (which runs next to a junior and infant school, he said this was for "pressure relief". I asked him if he could clarify the difference between the two. He waffled until rescued by the chairman but never gave an answer.

I remember traffic on Woodseats before the bus lane and other changes. When it was really bad it could be backed up to The Abbey. Now it can be backed up to Meadowhead roundabout with every 3rd car doing a U turn into oncoming traffic to find another route. Progress? I think not...

I'm afraid our "planners" couldn't plan the best way to fall off a wall.

The two roads you mention though aren't really the same as far as parking, houses and traffic direction flow are concerned although to consider any road as a pressure relief is a bad idea especially when it's the Dale. I'd of blocked that off at the top end, made a turning point and made it two way.

Like yourself I can remember the days of much more deserted roads but as car ownership increases, the population increases and people become ever more reliant on their cars then the problem of traffic snarl-ups is only going to get worse.

Exactly, try looking before you have a go!!, and the point i made is still valid tho, you never answered the questi9n about increased polution due to scc's short term bash the motorist

Dawny, my point was that you must be hard up for something to moan about when you are quoting two year old posts.

Would you like to explain exactly what you mean and you might get an answer?

What exactly is a "short term bash at the motorist"?

Where exactly is your proof that pollution has increased?

Woodseats has always been busy for many years but planners have managed to back the traffic up towards Meadow head and also down as far as Derbyshire lane at times!!

Woodseats has always been busy for many years but planners have managed to back the traffic up towards Meadow head and also down as far as Derbyshire lane at times!!

I don't think the blame can be aimed at the planners but more at the car owning public, traffic volume has increased an awful lot. I seem to remember that a lot of people said that the traffic coming down from Meadowhead was all snarled up because of the lights which didn't allow a left turn on to Abbey lane, the lights and priorities have now been altered and yet at times there is still traffic backing up the hill.

I don't think the blame can be aimed at the planners but more at the car owning public, traffic volume has increased an awful lot. I seem to remember that a lot of people said that the traffic coming down from Meadowhead was all snarled up because of the lights which didn't allow a left turn on to Abbey lane, the lights and priorities have now been altered and yet at times there is still traffic backing up the hill.

i think roundabouts allow traffic to flow better than lights..i am sure they would help more at Woodseats :roll:

i think roundabouts allow traffic to flow better than lights..i am sure they would help more at Woodseats :roll:

Where exactly would you put a roundabout at Woodseats though ?:confused:

Where would you put a roundabout in Woodseats? I can't think of anywhere you could put one without knocking down a few buildings on Meadowhead, Abbey Lane or Chesterfield Road.

I agree with the more traffic/cars but surely planners should have thought about this when planning Woodseats, i think its been mentioned around seven sets of lights within about 400 yards on Woodseats. even with mobility problems you dont need all the pelican crossings that close.

Where exactly would you put a roundabout at Woodseats though ?:confused:

Oh, i dont know, I'm just drunk and throwing the ball about, normal service will be resumed tomorrow :suspect:

I have only been down this road a few times in my life, but there was one point where there was some lights and yellow lines indicating an area not to enter unless passable, this would make a good roundabout i think :huh:

Oh, i dont know, I'm just drunk and throwing the ball about, normal service will be resumed tomorrow :suspect:

I have only been down this road a few times in my life, but there was one point where there was some lights and yellow lines indicating an area not to enter unless passable, this would make a good roundabout i think :huh:

Near the Abbey pub ? I would hazard a guess you saw that ?:hihi:

No - definitely not enough room for a roundabout unless the said pub was demolished !

Near the Abbey pub ? I would hazard a guess you saw that ?:hihi:

No - definitely not enough room for a roundabout unless the said pub was demolished !

And traffic only comes from 3 directions there so why have a roundabout there?