Woodseats the nightmare continues

When are they going to remove the flamin bus lane traffic lights ,

nightmare , nightmare , nightmare.

couldnt agree more, sends me mad when I visit my son.

Will it still happen?

The promise was made by the Libs now theve lost power.

The other problem was they hadnt said what they were doing in its place - I presume you mean the lights on Meadohead outside the catholic church ?

The only place I always get stuck in traffic.

When are they going to remove the flamin bus lane traffic lights ,

nightmare , nightmare , nightmare.

WHY are they going to remove the flamin bus lane traffic lights ,

nightmare , nightmare , nightmare

Im sorry but the person who sanctioned that Bus lane must be a complete and utter retard all it's done is make the traffic worse with the stupid lights they are thick as pig poo so to speak :D

WHY are they going to remove the flamin bus lane traffic lights ,

nightmare , nightmare , nightmare

Because the general public complained and shouted and the policitcitions listened. what worries me is they have never actually said what they are going to do:

Is the bus lane staying ?

What are the lights been replaced with

If the bus lane does go then what happens at abbey lane junction will the left turn still be left turn only,, even if you still have two lanes up to woodseats library you then get a single line through woodseats.

As usual theve listened to the loudest voice , bus still have taken no action to solve the problem of queing car traffic on Sundays , nor dealt with all the actual faults on the scheme in woodseats , these were brough to the attention of officers in 2008 and 209 & 2010 !

When I walked through woodseats with the council officer he got 4 pages of A4 theve still not been done

Im sorry but the person who sanctioned that Bus lane must be a complete and utter retard all it's done is make the traffic worse with the stupid lights they are thick as pig poo so to speak :D

Remember that the traffic que at meadowheaad was planned in so as to take the Q away from Home Base on chesterfield Road.

No one actaully mentioned this was the plan until after it was done

NOTE:

Before people start shouting at me this information was brought out in one of the south area panel meetings at Woodseats

I moved to Norton Lees 5 years ago and was quite worried when I heard about this traffic control scheme, at the time there was a lot me noise been made by local residents about journey times through Woodseats and I expected to be stuck in traffic for hours on end at all times of the day, the reality is the bus lane is designed to encourage people to leave their cars at home and get the bus into town, the problem for me is the endless pedestrian crossings in Woodseats, one would be more than acceptable but there are about 4 instead. The bus lane holds the traffic up for a few mins but with a road of that size I really don't know what people expect.

Designed by some Toy Town planner with a pet hate against motorists.

Seven sets of lights in under a quarter mile between Abbey Lane and Scarsdale Road pretty much explains why we can't get to where we're going (objective achieved and pats on the backs in council offices).

A council which has either never heard of a filter lane (instead sit at a red light hoping to turn left out of Abbey Lane while no traffic passes from right to left) or obviously balks at anything which could possibly help the motorist.

Scrap the lot, sack the idiots who designed this folly and take the money out of councillors' pensions to pay for it to be remedied.

Remember that the traffic que at meadowheaad was planned in so as to take the Q away from Home Base on chesterfield Road.

No one actaully mentioned this was the plan until after it was done

NOTE:

Before people start shouting at me this information was brought out in one of the south area panel meetings at Woodseats

I believe you've got the wrong end of the stick.

As I recall it, the Woodseats scheme had queue management at both ends. There were always queues and delays through Woodseats, the new arrangement was planned to hold the queues at the periphery where they can be managed better. The idea was to smooth the flow of traffic through the shopping centre.

Yes they did mention that this was the plan before it was done. Perhaps it wasn't made clear enough and people didn't understood it.

Designed by some Toy Town planner with a pet hate against motorists.

Seven sets of lights in under a quarter mile between Abbey Lane and Scarsdale Road pretty much explains why we can't get to where we're going (objective achieved and pats on the backs in council offices).

A council which has either never heard of a filter lane (instead sit at a red light hoping to turn left out of Abbey Lane while no traffic passes from right to left) or obviously balks at anything which could possibly help the motorist.

Scrap the lot, sack the idiots who designed this folly and take the money out of councillors' pensions to pay for it to be remedied.

So you don't care a fig about how pedestrians are going to get across the road in the busy shopping centre, so long as you can pass through there a few seconds quicker?

Car drivers are not the only road users. Planners and engineers have to cater for all road users, not just car drivers.

I think if you met the people who design the traffic signals in Sheffield, you'd find that one of their primary aims is to minimise delays. Have you looked at exactly what else is running on that junction during the time you think a filter lane could run? Is there by any chance a pedestrian crossing on green man at that time, which would conflict with the traffic movement? If you want a name and number to contact for a detailed explanation of how that junction works, PM me.