Best price for 35mm film and processing (with CD of pics)

Just bought a Lomo fisheye 2 so going back to 35mm for a bit! It seems that in the 6 years I've been digital, prices have really gone up on 35mm - and that they're not as easy to find on the high street either!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on cheap places to buy half dencet 400ISO 35mm (multipacks ok) and where to get them processed. I think I'd like them on cdrom as well as peint as I know that fisheye photos can be hard to scan in due to the irregular esges caused by the lens.

I don't mind sending them away to be done....

Hi, Jennie. I've just started to do a little film work with a few old rangefinders I've repaired (an old Minolta Hi-Matic 7s and a Konica Auto S2) and come across the same problems as you. I opted to buy my own film scanner in the end.

If you're looking for professional processing then Peak Imaging near Crystal Peaks is your best bet. They do a process and scan to CD package for £8 (£9.75 with p&p) but it's only 1800x1200. Ok if you're just going to put the photos on flickr, or picasa, but barely enough to get a quality 8x6 print. For decent prints you'll be paying nearly £25 per process and scan. I purchased a Reflecta ProScan 7200 for £320 which scans upto 3250ppi (effective) - the same as Peak Imaging's £20.90 process & scan package. I figured the scanner would pay for itself after 20 rolls or so. Peak Imaging doesn't say if their resolutions numbers are optical or interpolated, and if optical what percentage is effective.

Here are a few examples of some scans I had done. They're 3000x2000 and from a FujiFilm Lab in Bury. Photobucket has resized them down but the originals really aren't that much better. Since quality scans take a long time it's my gut feeling that a lot of labs scan the negatives at a lower resolution and then resize in photoshop or something.......oh, and forgive me the salmon-coloured clouds. It's the damn skylight 1B filter that I won't be using again!

__5_0375.jpg?t=1306673091

__9_0379.jpg?t=1306673091

Harrison Cameras on London Road Sheffield sell multi packs of 35mm film and will do all your processing and put onto CD. Highly recommended.

Harrison Cameras on London Road Sheffield sell multi packs of 35mm film and will do all your processing and put onto CD. Highly recommended.

Ditto! Harrison's also send out to Peak imaging for black & white as well...great processing & the best customer service you will find in the UK!