Darwin Scissors

I am just wanting to know if anyone on this forum used to work for this company. It would be nice to know what people are doing now.

Yes worked at george Darwin's Bowden st started in 1967 thear was george and farther george Robert tony Ian dave ray smart out worker wilf peter miffa Howard even remember thear cars george zodiac Robert  and tony vauxhall l101 tony later viva sl good place to work brilliant work people

Yes worked there when left school in 73/74,remember George and son nice people,I remember the old chap that worked on that big grinding wheel he sat on in the corner think his name was Ian,and I think Alice gunney  who was the inspection and packer, I worked on the buffing and doing the scissor shanks on those belt machines,it was a dirty job indeed,then I used to take the scissor shanks to Viners for playing,think I managed about a year there .

It was my first job in 1967 wage was four pound one shilling very good people to work for George darwin was a good boss worked thear 4 times in all

Yes i worked there in the mid sixties and remember the names of the people there, Howard i went to school with him.  Mifa  real name Steve Smith he lived at the bottom  of our road. I remember the women polishers Bertha, Peggy i think, Doreen,  Alice in the warehouse and packing, another lad that worked with me was Paul nickname oatsie would be interesting to know where is today? Believe or not i continued  metal polishing to this day i am now 68. Peter 

Wernt your first job the scissors trade you was a property repairer ringiglow Rd high Pete long time no see its me oatsey I am on face book with all the outher sheaf Gardens mob even Robert darwin is on and like you I am still working been trying to find you through the Internet get in touch Pete will be back on and will keep checking this post se you later Pete my long lost freind

On 11/06/2020 at 10:59, PHD said:

Yes i worked there in the mid sixties and remember the names of the people there, Howard i went to school with him.  Mifa  real name Steve Smith he lived at the bottom  of our road. I remember the women polishers Bertha, Peggy i think, Doreen,  Alice in the warehouse and packing, another lad that worked with me was Paul nickname oatsie would be interesting to know where is today? Believe or not i continued  metal polishing to this day i am now 68. Peter 

Stll workin Pete so am I oatsie

Long days was the scissor trade that's wen the trade was booming.  Paul oates

Hello Paul

I thought i would never hear from you again. Thanks for your reply and hope you are well and everything is good for you. i live in Suffolk and have done for over thirty years where has the time gone! If you want to look me up i don't do facebook google Peter Hall Designs in Suffolk you will find everything there.

All the best

Peter

What happened to the Lambretta 

Haha the lambretta still remember the reg Peter kpb 292c I sold it for.next to nowt be worth a few Bob now  will look you up mate nice to hear from you we had happy days

On 29/08/2020 at 16:07, Jld recovery said:

Haha the lambretta still remember the reg Peter kpb 292c I sold it for.next to nowt be worth a few Bob now  will look you up mate nice to hear from you we had happy days

Will give you a bell next week Pete wen I get back stay safe mate

Still in business peter

On 29/08/2020 at 16:07, Jld recovery said:

Will give you a bell next week Pete wen I get back stay safe mate