How to get rid of wasps' nest?

If your wasp man does a no-show, you could put a fan in your loft and leave it on 24/7; I cant see them likeing a stiff breaze.

Hey good thinking :thumbsup:

"Have you got any big desk fans please?"

"How big?"

"Big enough to keep five thousand wasps pinned down in the corner of my loft."

Fingers crossed no power cuts :o

---------- Post added 28-07-2013 at 23:32 ----------

Man from council he say go away.

Which means they're all dead now.

Which makes me feel like a big ****.

But it had to be done.

Looked up at house and seen wasps coming out of the wall cavities near top of chimney. They are high up so not causing a problem. As winter is coming up is it best to leave them to die or get pest control in?

And whats going rate? googled it but prices vary. thanks.

Looked up at house and seen wasps coming out of the wall cavities near top of chimney. They are high up so not causing a problem. As winter is coming up is it best to leave them to die or get pest control in?

And whats going rate? googled it but prices vary. thanks.

Just ignore them, the worker wasps will die during the winter and the queen won't re-use the old nest. She leaves the nest in late spring and begins building a new nest in a new location. The old nest or hibernation cells are never used again.

Edited by angos

Its usually about £40-£50 to get rid of the nest. I think with it being September and being pretty cold now, I would just leave them to die off and save your money :)

Its usually about £40-£50 to get rid of the nest. I think with it being September and being pretty cold now, I would just leave them to die off and save your money :)

Check your insurance policy - mine protects me against vermin infestation which wasps come under - also wasps may still survive if you have heating on - we found this out and had to get exterminators in.

we first found 2 nests the next in the back garden, one under a shed we got rid off and another in a bucket. it was the following year we found them in the house in eaves as loft converted

luckily not seen the wasps this year but at least know if come back I'm covered for them

Afternoon,

We've been inundated with wasps in and around the house over the last few weeks. This morning, for example, I found two dead wasps in the box room, and evicted three from the bathroom - all in a couple of hours. We only see them in the upstairs of the house, mainly the bathroom as the window is kept on vent. We've looked around the exterior of the house but we can't see anything.

Anyone got any ideas where else we should look? We haven't got a garage or an outhouse, just a shed in the garden. There's bushes/trees between us & both next doors.

We're in a semi - the attached house belongs to the council, ourselves & next door (unattached) are privately owned.

If we had to have someone out, what would it cost? Is there something we can spray in random places to see if anything appears?

Thanks everyone. Getting frustrated now... Worried if we don't do something it'll be twice as bad next year.

Have you had a look in your loft

That was the first thing I said but my OH said no - they'd have no way of getting in/out. We rarely go in there & as far as I know there would be no gaps for them. It's not boarded so difficult to walk about in, plus insulation laid.

That was the first thing I said but my OH said no - they'd have no way of getting in/out. We rarely go in there & as far as I know there would be no gaps for them. It's not boarded so difficult to walk about in, plus insulation laid.

We had the same problem a few years ago, wasps every where, we didn't know where they was going until one day I went into the loft for something, and it was in there, worth having a look

The loft is a good bet from what you've said, have a quick gander with a torch.

Ive got the same problem but only in the bathroom and kitchen (which is directly below the bathroom) I know where the nest is but dont know how they are getting in, and no gaps anywhere in both rooms

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've looked in the loft again and there's nothing. No noise, no wasps flying around etc.

It must be somewhere outside, but where is the question!