Are cheap food shops a government conspiracy. ?

Aimed at the low paid/unemployed as a way to poison them with all the additives the food contains thus meaning a shorter life span and less reliance on hand outs. ?

How much do they sell pot noodle for?

it's more like the capitalist vendors of the retail outlets think they can make more money selling the consumers the unhealthy food the consumers want to buy.

it's the government that faces the health costs these consumer decisions, i.e. buying unhealthy food and then eating it, getting unhealthy, requiring long medical treatment at the state's expense, and then dying.

the OP seems to be under the curious delusion that when people have a bad diet and get unhealthy, they die instananeously. They don't. They take decades to die, and it costs the government loads of dosh.

But aren't the "capitalist food vendors" paying a whole load of tax to keep the government happy during their tenure and to hell with long term health targets. ?

Jamie Oliver pays loads of tax too I imagine. So does everybody else that makes money trying to persuade poor people to eat better. It's obvious the cost to the health service is far more than tax revenue on crap food. The government gets tax revenue on all types of food, even the healthiest kind of food that poor people need persuading to eat.

8 p pot noodles? Man I've been shopping at the wrong places. I can now feed my family for 2 quid a month and spend the rest on West Street.

8 p pot noodles? Man I've been shopping at the wrong places. I can now feed my family for 2 quid a month and spend the rest on West Street.

Sounds like a plan to me. :hihi:

It's a hell of a lot cheaper to eat healthily, plain rice, veg fruit, chicken etc.

I spend a third of the year in the Philippines. Eat rice only, and you will live. If you only have to eat one thing, rice is the best.

it's only because poor people here live in a consumer society that they want to eat crap food.

to stay alive, it's

1. rice

2. potatoes

3. pasta