Lynne's Pantry, Surrey Street

I don't buy this at all, there are loads of places to eat around there and as for the prices- surely they were printed on the menu? you could have always left at that point?

In my opinion if the food was that bad you should have sent it back and asked to see her right there and then. What is the manager supposed to think if she sees 3 empty plates and the customer saying its discusting and requesting a discount- surely if they did that for her they would quickly be inundated with people doing the same.

I sympathise with your situation with 2 hungry kids but if your going to make a complaint- at least give them something to back up your complaint rather than empty plates and full bellys?

you should always complain or the people wont know yo correct mistakes

Well due to my retirement I haven't been in for just over a year. However there were always two substantial queues, one for the cafe, the other for sandwiches etc.

There must have been a lot of stupid people around, me included, because I always found it to be fine, a little slow service wise, but worth waiting for.

I don't buy this at all, there are loads of places to eat around there and as for the prices- surely they were printed on the menu? you could have always left at that point?

In my opinion if the food was that bad you should have sent it back and asked to see her right there and then. What is the manager supposed to think if she sees 3 empty plates and the customer saying its discusting and requesting a discount- surely if they did that for her they would quickly be inundated with people doing the same.

I sympathise with your situation with 2 hungry kids but if your going to make a complaint- at least give them something to back up your complaint rather than empty plates and full bellys?

And I was thinking maybe it was just me!

It's people like you who do work in catering and expect people not to complain that gives the business a bad name. The food was expensive for what it was and the type of venue. When I said one of the most expensive in the city I meant for the type of venue. Comparing Lynnes Pantry to Fischers is infantile, if people did complain about bad food in this country maybe we would get better and not be fobbed of with idiots like you, it's bad enough this country has a poor reputation in the catering industry.

In reply to your inquiry, the food was cold, processed, short measured and not fresh.

I am more than happy to receive complaints, at the time of the incident. Not when all the food has gone.

In your original statement you never said 'One the most expensive cafe's in the city' you put 'One of the most expensive in the city'. Looking at their prices it is not really any different to half of the other places in it's category in town. Fabricating reasons to make the complaint more plausible also makes it harder to believe your version of the story is as one sided as you make it appear.

Out of interest, what were the dishes that were 'cold, processed, short measured and not fresh'?

Edited by jamesogt

And I was thinking maybe it was just me!

I am more than happy to receive complaints, at the time of the incident. Not when all the food has gone.

In your original statement you never said 'One the most expensive cafe's in the city' you put 'One of the most expensive in the city'. Looking at their prices it is not really any different to half of the other places in it's category in town. Fabricating reasons to make the complaint more plausible also makes it harder to believe your version of the story is as one sided as you make it appear.

Out of interest, what were the dishes that were 'cold, processed, short measured and not fresh'?

Oh you really sound happy to recieve complaints when here you are on the forum brow beating people into believing if they are not eating at some up market place like Fischers they should be thankfull for what they get, as I have already explained twice, to walk out of a place we were lucky to get into at 2.00pm on a busy day, still hungry and then go through the whole process again was not an option with two kids, the food was very substandard, I don't make a habit of lying or 'trying it on', luckily I can more than afford to pay for meals, but I will only pay what I think is reasonable based on the amount and quality of the food, the bill came to £30, I offered £25, more than reasonable I think and this was turned down so the full amount was paid. If I have to spend my time giving you a breakdown of everything I ate that day and what was wrong with it, then please do me the courtousy of telling me where you work so I can avoid it. I don't think I could cope with any more rude and unprofessional customer service!

Clearly you are missing the point, a cafe is a cafe. They generally serve sandwiches, jacket potatoes and a selection of usually pretty basic food. They are also usually aiming at people that spend less than £5/6 a person. Since you ate all the food, and then offered to pay less than the bill, from an owners point of view do you not think that is in the slightest bit odd?

I only ask what you had ordered to try and get some perspective of how bad it could have been, considering the place you were and the price you were paying.

Since you have no experience of my actual customer service and are only aware of my opinion on this one matter it also would be silly to for you to avoid where I work, though it could quite easily be done by looking through my posts I am assuming!

Maybe in future you should take the advice of this site....Which as I work in catering seems quite reasonable.

http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/law/yourrights/restaurantrightsthebill

Food quality If the problem is the quality of the food rather than the service and it is so poor as to be a breach of contract, again you are entitled to reduce the bill or refuse to pay. However, if you are going to do this you need to tell the waiter at the time the food is served or if you first taste it. The restaurant is entitled to have the opportunity of putting good the problem.

Under protest If you do not like making a fuss or you are with a party and do not want to upset the atmosphere, you can always pay 'under protest' and write on the back of the bill that you are doing so. This gives you the chance of claiming against the restaurant at a later date. Usually only worth it if you are with a big party

Clearly you are missing the point, a cafe is a cafe. They generally serve sandwiches, jacket potatoes and a selection of usually pretty basic food. They are also usually aiming at people that spend less than £5/6 a person. Since you ate all the food, and then offered to pay less than the bill, from an owners point of view do you not think that is in the slightest bit odd?

I only ask what you had ordered to try and get some perspective of how bad it could have been, considering the place you were and the price you were paying.

Since you have no experience of my actual customer service and are only aware of my opinion on this one matter it also would be silly to for you to avoid where I work, though it could quite easily be done by looking through my posts I am assuming!

Maybe in future you should take the advice of this site....Which as I work in catering seems quite reasonable.

http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/law/yourrights/restaurantrightsthebill

Food quality If the problem is the quality of the food rather than the service and it is so poor as to be a breach of contract, again you are entitled to reduce the bill or refuse to pay. However, if you are going to do this you need to tell the waiter at the time the food is served or if you first taste it. The restaurant is entitled to have the opportunity of putting good the problem.

Under protest If you do not like making a fuss or you are with a party and do not want to upset the atmosphere, you can always pay 'under protest' and write on the back of the bill that you are doing so. This gives you the chance of claiming against the restaurant at a later date. Usually only worth it if you are with a big party

At last some sensible advice and non reactionary thinking to a common problem. Thankyou for the direction jamesogt and I will try to apply this knowledge in future if this sorry kind of thing happens again.

Lynne's Pantry Breakfasts are mint

Lynne's Pantry Breakfasts are mint

I prefer bacon eggs and sausage!:hihi:

I prefer bacon eggs and sausage!:hihi:

What about the Black puddin beans and tom o and the toast as well Mint