Lynne's Pantry, Surrey Street

Took the Kids there last bank holiday, Must have changed hands in last two years because the food was dreadful and still one of the most expensive in the city. The waitress couldn't apologise enough even though she could only work with what she'd got. The manageress refused to discount the huge bill because we'd actually eaten it all ( of cause with two very hungry kids at 2.00 p.m on a busy bank holiday with no other choise.) Wish we'd gone to McDonalds, definetley avoid.

Took the Kids there last bank holiday, Must have changed hands in last two years because the food was dreadful and still one of the most expensive in the city. The waitress couldn't apologise enough even though she could only work with what she'd got. The manageress refused to discount the huge bill because we'd actually eaten it all ( of cause with two very hungry kids at 2.00 p.m on a busy bank holiday with no other choise.) Wish we'd gone to McDonalds, definetley avoid.

So although it was 'dreadful' you still managed to eat it all? I appreciate that you had children with you, but if Mcdonalds was the alternative why not leave it and just go to Mcdonalds, it is probably less than 500 yards from Lynne's.

I too find it difficult to accept complaints after all the food has gone! Something inedible or clearly not to standard should be refunded, but not having any evidence of it makes you think they are trying it on.

Edited by jamesogt

So although it was 'dreadful' you still managed to eat it all? I appreciate that you had children with you, but if Mcdonalds was the alternative why not leave it and just go to Mcdonalds, it is probably less than 500 yards from Lynne's.

I too find it difficult to accept complaints after all the food has gone! SOmething inedible or clearly not to standard should be refunded, but not having any evidence of it makes you think they are trying it on.

I clearly stated that it was a busy bank holiday and we had no choise, i.e Mcdonalds was to busy, please read threads before replying.

I clearly stated that it was a busy bank holiday and we had no choise, i.e Mcdonalds was to busy, please read threads before replying.

Oh I did read it, how busy could McDonald's have been?

Oh and in future if I do have to read your threads more carefully, can you do us the courtesy of using a spell and grammar check.

;) Thanks

Edited by jamesogt

I too find it difficult to accept complaints after all the food has gone! SOmething inedible or clearly not to standard should be refunded, but not having any evidence of it makes you think they are trying it on.

- Wow, its a good job you dont work in catering with guest service like that!

Its not all about the food in a restaurant.

Lynnes Pantry should have discounted / refunded the bill ..... and invited her back to have a second go to go the extra yard.

Oh and in future if I do have to read your threads more carefully, can you do us the courtesy of using a spell and grammar check.

;) Thanks

.... and this riply is just silley

.... and this riply is just silley

I do work in catering! Unfortunately it is a cafe, if the OP was expecting Ramsey like service/food maybe they should have packed their clan up and took them to Fischers, now that is expensive, but I doubt there would be any complaints. They themselves pointed out it was a busy Bank Holiday Monday.

The post is vague, it doesn't say what was actually wrong and suggesting Lynne's Pantry is 'One of the most expensive in the city' is ridiculous. If you are going to make the effort of posting negatively at least make it constructive.

I do work in catering! Unfortunately it is a cafe, if the OP was expecting Ramsey like service/food maybe they should have packed their clan up and took them to Fischers, now that is expensive, but I doubt there would be any complaints. They themselves pointed out it was a busy Bank Holiday Monday.

The post is vague, it doesn't say what was actually wrong and suggesting Lynne's Pantry is 'One of the most expensive in the city' is ridiculous. If you are going to make the effort of posting negatively at least make it constructive.

i know you work in catering ... sad state of affairs with an attitude to customers like you have

i know you work in catering ... sad state of affairs with an attitude to customers like you have

Constructive feedback/criticism is fine, but to slate a small business with no explanation of what was actually wrong in my opinion is not needed.

Constructive feedback/criticism is fine, but to slate a small business with no explanation of what was actually wrong in my opinion is not needed.

Thanks for your criticism of my thread (not very constructive though), the thread was written late at night, hense the spelling mistakes. It's people like you who do work in catering and expect people not to complain that gives the business a bad name. The food was expensive for what it was and the type of venue. When I said one of the most expensive in the city I meant for the type of venue. Comparing Lynnes Pantry to Fischers is infantile, if people did complain about bad food in this country maybe we would get better and not be fobbed of with idiots like you, it's bad enough this country has a poor reputation in the catering industry. In reply to your inquiry, the food was cold, processed, short measured and not fresh.

;) Thanks

How busy could McDonalds have been???? On a bank holiday , in the middle of town with four people needing to find an empty table, oh I don't know, let me think.