Mum,mam or mother??

Mum or muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum, when I was after something! mother when I was in a peeve ;-) Just wish I could have her back!

Has always been mum, for few years when I was a teenager it was mother, i thought it made me sound grown up , now its mum again, my 7 year old girl calls me mum, my 5 year old boy calls me mummy most of the time, and my 1 year old calls me mama, which i love

Still call her Mummy after well over half a century. My son calls me Mama, just love it. My husband called his beloved mother Mummy until he was about 18 when she asked him to call her by her first name, which he did until she died at the age of 92.

I had a friend when i was around ten she use to call her mother mumsy they were dead posh, they even had fruit in the house when no one was sick :roll:

I had a friend when i was around ten she use to call her mother mumsy they were dead posh, they even had fruit in the house when no one was sick :roll:

Fruit what a show off!!!:D

Mum for me. Mam for my OH (from Middlesbrough - someone has to be)!

Mam when I was a kid, Mom as I grew up.

Always been mam, never managed to find a greeting card with it on,must just be a Sheffiled thing.

I once sent my mom a card with Mother on....she didn't speak to me for days. I'm mom to my two but it's "Oh MOTHER" if they think I'm being daft......

mom (why has someone mentioned America with reference to mom)?