Danny Wilson - Confirmed as Blades manager 27/05/2011

Something i haven't seen anyone hit upon yet (apart from missy who would hit upon him at a moments notice ;) ), is the fact that Chris Morgan is now officially first team player/coach.

I think this can only be a good thing. Morgs has the grit needed and knows all about what it is like being at the Lane. I think he will also tell Danny straight if he thinks something is being done wrong.

Hopefully he is taking/taken his coaching badges and is possibly thinking about making the step up to our full term manager at some point. I would love it.

I predicted Morgan getting the job this morning.

the bloke has only been in the job 24 hours and you want him out...lol...from his time at the owls, he came across as a good bloke, he wont short change you, he will give 100%, he knows hes on a hiding to nothing win or lose, remember porterfield? he did great stuff for the blunts, then as soon as a little trouble came along ....out....this will happen to wilson, if you look at the other candidates......he is the best of them, i mean ive heard alot of calls for robins,....sweet jesus...whats he done? barnsley were going nowhere with him. if you blades fans dont realise, and realise quick your no longer a big fish, your in div one the better, its in your interests to give your full backing to this man, hes in charge of YOUR team, whether you like it or not.....being a owls fan for a long time i still wish Danny Wilson all the v best and hope hes successful, just not as successful as the owls hopefully.

danny wilsons red and white army...danny wilsons red and white army....love it..:hihi::hihi::hihi:

lmao

I have to say i have just seen look north and calendar and i was rather embarrassed tbh.

The chanting was silly - get the pig out For god sake grow up if thats all there bothered about fgs. I dont give a monkey where he comes from just as he gets us outta this crappy league.

I do find it highly hypocritical that some had put sign off "get the pig out" on the Derek Dooley statue...shame on you!!!!

I cant believe the crap I have read on hear and heard on Radio Sheffield. It seems to me there are so many dumb ass blades.

Im a Barnsley fan and Danny got us playing some quality football. He left to go to the Owls but I didnt want his blood, he went to a bigger club probably on more money with a chance to better himself. How many people on here in their line of work wouldnt go to work for another company for better prospects, conditions and pay. These things happen and what does it matter who worked for who.

All his teams play football and yes at Swindon this season was no good but the season before didnt he get to the play offs, and at Hartlepool he didnt do too bad.

I didnt take any notice of Derek Dooley as before my time, but didnt he have some to do with the Owls before going to the Blades (or vice versa) and now he is in folklore as a god.

After the season John Sheridan just had what would the opinions be if he had got the job?

The biggest job at Brammall Lane this year will be adjusting the seats on the terraces and pointing them at the pitch instead of facing the top of the stands where the ball spends most of its time being hoofed up the pitch.

With Chris Morgan at his side (not the best footballer in the world but one of the most commited and genuine players) it wont be long before the Blades are singing 'Its just like watching Barnsley' like we used to sing the 'Its just like watching Brazil' all them years ago.

It will be a big change watching football at the lane and sometimes change is scary maybe thats why they are upset, but I believe Danny will do a very good job and maybe all the numpties who have tried and conicted him will come on here and eat humble pie, with a bit of cream

I cant believe the crap I have read on hear and heard on Radio Sheffield. It seems to me there are so many dumb ass blades.

Im a Barnsley fan and Danny got us playing some quality football. He left to go to the Owls but I didnt want his blood, he went to a bigger club probably on more money with a chance to better himself. How many people on here in their line of work wouldnt go to work for another company for better prospects, conditions and pay. These things happen and what does it matter who worked for who.

All his teams play football and yes at Swindon this season was no good but the season before didnt he get to the play offs, and at Hartlepool he didnt do too bad.

I didnt take any notice of Derek Dooley as before my time, but didnt he have some to do with the Owls before going to the Blades (or vice versa) and now he is in folklore as a god.

After the season John Sheridan just had what would the opinions be if he had got the job?

The biggest job at Brammall Lane this year will be adjusting the seats on the terraces and pointing them at the pitch instead of facing the top of the stands where the ball spends most of its time being hoofed up the pitch.

With Chris Morgan at his side (not the best footballer in the world but one of the most commited and genuine players) it wont be long before the Blades are singing 'Its just like watching Barnsley' like we used to sing the 'Its just like watching Brazil' all them years ago.

It will be a big change watching football at the lane and sometimes change is scary maybe thats why they are upset, but I believe Danny will do a very good job and maybe all the numpties who have tried and conicted him will come on here and eat humble pie, with a bit of cream

A very good post I hope you are right.

Edited by alex3659

All this hostility towards Wilson because he used to be employed by Wednesday is nothing but a red herring and Blades fans are perpetrating it so they dont have to face the harsh reality of the situation. Namely, there isnt a single manager out there with more quality, ability, experience and nouse than Danny Wilson who would seriously contemplate working at United in their current plight. This is why Wilson has got the job. There is no other reason for McCabe to employ him. All other candidates , from Di Matteo to Hill, would refuse the job once it was clear what the financial situation was at the lane. Basically ,its career suicide but Wilson only needs one more pay cheque and ,lets face it, it was Bramall Lane or non league for him so he signed on the dotted. Footballs about dreams and Blades fans are like the rest of us in that respect. Unfortunately, todays appointment is where reality starts to bite and , not surprisingly, they dont like it

After all the stick we've suffered from the blades over the last few years mccabe is doing his utmost to make united a complete laughing stock, and succeeding.

Wilson was a fantastic player for us (even though he was late in his career) but as a manager he couldnt handle the bigger egotistical elements in the squad. He has had limited success in management in the last few years but seems a genuine bloke.

The problem for the blades is Wilson has blue & white blood and always will have, its akin to us appointing some one like that useless bob booker as manager. If Danny doesnt get instant wins the rent a mob neanderthals at the lane will be on him like a ton of brogues.

Tell me, is mccabe still the best chairman in football (circa 2006).

The decisions made now,its in all your best intrests to back the guy and back the players,nowt worse then division among those on the terraces.

Last season didwell got swindon into the play off final,how the hell can you slate a guy thats not picked a team?

Dooley was wednesdays record goalscorer,did you all end up hating him?He was a great servant to your club as well as us.

Give the guy a faircrack,hel be under no illusions the stick hes gunna get here in sheffield.

lmao

I have to say i have just seen look north and calendar and i was rather embarrassed tbh.

The chanting was silly - get the pig out For god sake grow up if thats all there bothered about fgs. I dont give a monkey where he comes from just as he gets us outta this crappy league.

I do find it highly hypocritical that some had put sign off "get the pig out" on the Derek Dooley statue...shame on you!!!!

It was embarrassing but hardly surprising going on the childish name calling we see on here, the hypocritical point is that they will be singing Wilsons red and white army if he gets off to a flyer.

Wilson was a fantastic player for us (even though he was late in his career) but as a manager he couldnt handle the bigger egotistical elements in the squad. He has had limited success in management in the last few years but seems a genuine bloke.

:hihi:

Cant see him having that problem at BDTBL seeing as he will be managing a bunch of kids, lets hope his first task isn’t knocking out some of the skills we saw the other night.

Its extremely childish, and a bit thick really, to turn on Wilson just because he was at S6 for a while. Grow up lads if he fails, boo him, until then give the bloke a chance..

I tthink people are mistaking my and lots of others issues here. Everyone seems to want to turn it into a united vs wednesday thing or because wilsons an " ex pig lets get him out " as they say. I was at the car park protesting not because wilson is s6 or ex s6 but because hes crap at his job as his record shows that. I was there as others were to vent my anger towards that arragant chairman of ours and yet another shocking choice by himself. How can he have 10 serious (interviewed) applicants and danny bloody wilson come out on top?. Who did he interview the cleaner and the kid who delivers the papers.? mccabe is a joke and always will be the sooner he finds a way out the better. We are in a worse position than when he took over. So he isnt good at running the club and the brief success we have had under him was nothing of his doing anyway. Dooley apointed warnock not mccabe and that team that achieved progress was all warnocks hard work ie making poorer players play better so i give mccabe no credit for that either. As it stands we are reportedly 70million in debt to him but lets just say its 50m. We are in the third division. Fans are staying away. We have a manger we dont want. We have hardly any decent players to call our own. The list goes on. And when he took over it wasnt this bad or it wasnt any worse at least so mr mccabe please step aside. And one more thing stop calling yourself a blade kevin mccabe because your not. You dont even come to watch us play.