New Mini Asda (Woodseats)

Has anyone been in yet? Is it any good and is there much difference to the Netto?

Thanks in Advance :)

I haven't but am planning to do so later, or maybe tomorrow.

I was wondering the same things though

My partner has she said it is v cheap in comparison to others in the area. i.e Sainsburys - Morrisons etc

Tesco equivalent at Woodseats were offering 3 pound off for every 10 pound spent ( flyer given out on Monday ) ... the war is on !!! exc lottery , tobacco and the other usual suspect items.

I havent seen this, where abouts is it?

I think its weird how the Netto at Woodseats was allowed to change to an Asda but they had to sell off the one at Manor Top. Surely there are plenty of supermarkets.

we was in there the other day and found it to be very good

I think its weird how the Netto at Woodseats was allowed to change to an Asda but they had to sell off the one at Manor Top. Surely there are plenty of supermarkets.

The one at Manor Top is going to be an Asda.

http://storelocator.asda.com/store/sheffield-manor-top

The one at Lane Top had to be sold off as there is already an Asda nearby in Chapletown and new one being built on Parson Cross.

Edited by steroc

i didn't like this new asda too much on my visit there yesterday. i dont find it to be any cheaper than tesco, in fact i'd say most things were cheaper at tesco. i know its a new store, but it was very un organised and the layout of the checkouts is a bit silly. also if you have children there are no trolleys with seats for them, people were walking around with kids ast/layed out in trolley. i think ill stick to tesco!

Sorry I thought it was expensive when compared with what it was a netto. Its a nice lay out but the self service till doesnt appear to be able to cope with there reduced stickers especially the managers specials.

ill reserve judgement till ive been in a few times , i was expecting some plants but didnt see any .

It's more expensive than Tesco! I wont be going in there again...went in there yesterday n it was majorly busy (which is understandable as it's new) but the staff were very unorganised and as it's been so busy you'd have thought they'd be constantly restocking but they havent been they've just been facing the shelves up to make em look full....my sister wanted nappies for my niece n they had a good buy 2 for 10 pound deal on but only 1 pack so she had to pay full price...when she asked a member of staff if they had anymore because of the deal he said they didnt...didnt actually go look though!!!

Kinda suprised a lot of people have said its more expensive than the Tesco, you would have thought they would have defo dropped the prices with it being a new store! I will wait a few days before I check it out I expected the staff to be a little un-organised as pointed out because its something new to them. Found it intresting that someone said Tesco was giving £3 of every £10 spent defo like this price war its about time they where fighting over our custom on a more local level!!!

won't asda actually give you the difference back +10% if they are more expensive by using your reciept number on their website?