Travellers set up camp in s6

Are you allowed to label Halibut and melthebel like that? Isn't it against their human rights, or something? :D

I think they are more conscientious observers more than anything else, I'm talking about help groups and councillors and dedicated service providers.

And also sat nav, innit.
You'd need the post code? Or do they have a special sat nav that they can program for "large open area without security anywhere within a 50 miles radius of where we are now"? :P

You'd need the post code? Or do they have a special sat nav that they can program for "large open area without security anywhere within a 50 miles radius of where we are now"? :P

With a "rich pickings" points of interest setting.

For a large part of yesterday the police and customs and excise were parked in the enterence to that piece of land in great numbers ,as they were doing stops on vehicles and testing for the old red diesel . i drove past a couple of times and they were there in numbers harrassing motorists as usual .

But you can be certain that they wont go there in the same numbers today and put as much effort into dragging the ****`s off their illegal camp.

wheres the moderator to shut you up (*****) very offensive

They're strangers to the city and to the country so how do they manage to find the places where they can park x number of vans? If they were the ones driving through Woodseats earlier, how did they find their way to a vacant plot in Hillsborough? And miraculously find the one place where the police had been the day before and forgot to lock it back up? And they're from Rumania at that?

It's just so random :huh:

who says theyre strangers?

gypsies have been travelling this country for a fair few years :suspect:

I'm sorry, am I missing something here? If the official campsites are full.. where are they expected to go whilst they stay here? Or is the idea that they don't stay here at all..?

hi ya tess the travellers are finding it hard as the council are struggling to get places for sites, because people object to them,it is not fair because it is how most of them are used to living,and just to point out if anyone has had bad experiences with travellers they are not all the same

Even though i don't fully agree with Gypies/travellers turning up on any spare bit of land, basically taking over with no regard for the right's n wrong of it all, they're still humans who deserve the same rights as squatters.

I'd have more respect for the travellers - if when leaving the area, they made some donation to the local communtity.

If they did so, it's likely more people would find the time for travelling families.

Were they fit ?

No, sheep. Get in there Mel, wellies on:D

No, sheep. Get in there Mel, wellies on:D

Are you shearing? No, get yer own!

Baaaaaaaaa

there is new age travellers parked off clubmill road at neepsend and they never get moved on they been there for years but they are hidden away and im sure this cant be right

:hihi::hihi:

Vunerable minority ............. you having a laugh ?

These people have never been vunerable . We have all seen "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding " on TV . these people live a very comfy lifestyle ,arnt short of cash ,and can stand up for themselves.

They're so well protected they can go wherever they like and not have ignorant sorts treating them like lepers?

Of course we've all seen that in-depth, multifaceted, unbiased, unsensationalised documentary you speak of. It wasn't a trashy, gaudy piece of entertainment designed to play up to the worst predjudices of it's intended audience, it was a conduit to truth itself. I get all my opinions from the telly. What else is there?

They're so well protected they can go wherever they like and not have ignorant sorts treating them like lepers?

Of course we've all seen that in-depth, multifaceted, unbiased, unsensationalised documentary you speak of. It wasn't a trashy, gaudy piece of entertainment designed to play up to the worst predjudices of it's intended audience, it was a conduit to truth itself. I get all my opinions from the telly. What else is there?

If they insist on pitching up illegally anywhere that takes their fancy , harrassing local residents into having their drive tarmac`d ( badly ) , dumping rubbish everywhere , anti social behaviour , crime , and everything else which follows these people , then they are hardly going to be made welcome are they . ?