Your PC has a virus

Have you had the call yet?

I've had at least 6!

Cold call, Indian accent, my PC has a virus! Really? How do ya know? And how did you relate that to my phone number?

My mate at work has been getting these calls too. How does he deal with them?

He says he doesn't have a computer ... or electricity ... in fact "we don't even have a phone" :hihi:

Oh go on please, let's start saying that when we get these calls.

I can't wait for the next one ...

I'm still waiting for my 1st call. I'll wind them up and waste their time once I do get it.

I got one. Played them along for a while and then they hung up. Am fed-up with the amount of unsolicited calls I get.

I've only had one call told them "politely" to "go away and stop bothering me" (or words to that effect!) :hihi: :hihi: and promptly put the phone down. Not had a call from them since.

Had a similar call today from a foreign sounding gentleman with the very English name Jack White. When I asked him to tell me the name of the company he worked for, he told me to stop wasting his time and put the phone down on me!

I always enjoy getting the scam artists to be the first to hang up.

What you need is an Air Horn....

They don't tend to call again after a 3 second blast.

PS also works on Nigerians who need your bank account details to transfer their inheritence, giving you a 10% fee...

If you got BT, you can get God to help you out :huh::huh::huh: seems he can cut out all business to residential calls...i did ask the sales guy if it could stop him from calling :hihi:, seems not God is a BT product :suspect::hihi:

What you need is an Air Horn....

They don't tend to call again after a 3 second blast.

PS also works on Nigerians who need your bank account details to transfer their inheritence, giving you a 10% fee...

Why do that? Surely it's better to keep them on the phone so they incur a hefty bill.

I tried to wind one of them up but it was like talking to a computer (well one with an accent I could barely understand) as they kept resetting and starting again from the beginning whenever I led them of the script.

Usually asking them which list they got my phone number from makes them go away. I've been on the TPS for almost 20 years so I'm pretty much off all of the lists which are sold these days, so if someone gets me it's usually a random dialler who won't want to discuss where they obtain their mailing lists.

Just blow a whistle down the line

I would say something like this...

"Oh, just a minute, I will go and switch my computer on/turn a pan off/fetch my mother/let the dog out ..............." - and just then put the phone on the table and hear them repeatedly saying "hello, hello, are you still there?..." until they got the message and rang off.

ps - I never get any nuisance calls!