Are old people bleeding the country dry?

Maybe if we shipped ALL foreign convicted criminals and those who have no right to be here back to where they came from, we could put the benefits saved back into our social service's.

Then our old and young who need help would get it. Likewise our old could receive a liveable pension.

It's probably never going to happen due to the multi-culti, tree hugging, plastic sandal wearing brigade. And the the state of the country's finances thanks to Bliar the war monger and Bottler Brown the incompetant.

Regards

Angel.

It's good to see more people coming on the forum and standing up to the lefty, tree hugger we'll spend your moneyn on anyone and anything as long as its not our own needy brigade.

Many old people, even those who have rarely worked are entitled to full sate pension £137.35 per week, plus £250.00 every winter and £10 for every day it is below freezing, along with priority for social housing, full housing benefit for any almost size property, and many other benefits such as free travel, lunch clubs, free prescriptions, priority dental care, TV License and so on...

Yet the average young person is demonized as a no good scrounger, now if they're unfortunate to be unemployed they only receive a fraction of what an old person in same circumstances does, £46.85 per week, no HB unless it's in a shared house which are rarely even suitable for one human, no help with energy costs, no free travel, no free lunch clubs, TV license, prescriptions etc.

now before you start ranting, I'm not saying old people do not deserve this level of income and support, but compared to other age groups and immigrants they do use a lot of resources and receive a very good standard of living.

There are also many elderly people that do pay council tax, dental treatment and don't receive the cold weather payment.

It's good to see more people coming on the forum and standing up to the lefty, tree hugger we'll spend your moneyn on anyone and anything as long as its not our own needy brigade.

Ooh bassmans found a new friend (A friend)

There are also many elderly people that do pay council tax, dental treatment and don't receive the cold weather payment.
And since Tory Bliar I now pay income tax on my company pension that I was encouraged to contribute to so wer'e still paying into the system.

And since Tory Bliar I now pay income tax on my company pension that I was encouraged to contribute to so wer'e still paying into the system.

Yes I agree with what you are saying.

Maybe if we shipped ALL foreign convicted criminals and those who have no right to be here back to where they came from, we could put the benefits saved back into our social service's.

Then our old and young who need help would get it. Likewise our old could receive a liveable pension.

It's probably never going to happen due to the multi-culti, tree hugging, plastic sandal wearing brigade. And the the state of the country's finances thanks to Bliar the war monger and Bottler Brown the incompetant.

Regards

Angel.

I don't think it's the 'multi cultis' that are preventing our old folk from having a decent pension / social services. Unless you think Dave Cameron & IDS are muesli munchers

OP needs to stop reading the Daily Mail and stop bitching about everyone who gets a solitary penny off the "State".. :loopy:

Rich! You have an unnatural obsession with The Daily Mail!

Ooh bassmans found a new friend (A friend)

that's funny...:hihi:

I was up for work at 4:15 AM every week day for 30 years, then later 8 hours on a building site clambering over scaffolding and doing everything from carpentry to electrical installation. At the end of the day I sometimes spent another two hours in the office doing paperwork as it was my own business.

Before all that I did two years national service in the British army sometimes on jungle warfare training patrols in Malaysian jungle country or shoving high explosive artillery shells into field howitzers in hot stinking humid heat. A few years later I spent a year in Vietnam doing the same.

Our generation were tougher than those today but not as tough of that of our fathers.

Now I'm a senior also and all that I have accumulated was hard earned.

People like Steefan could never have hacked it. They want everything handed to them on a plate. Society owes them a living they think. I imagine that all these so called revolutionaries would find it easier to rob a bank or loot a store during a riot.

Cissies all of em ! Bah !

Well said Harleyman!....

Somalians get no where near the benefits or support most old people receive.

That's because Somalians don't deserve it.

Unless they have paid into the system for 40 years or so.

Thanks Iuchi, good points ^ But most old folk who never took out a private pension or bought a property realise they've got it pretty darn good compared to the youth of the today, i sympathise far more with young unemployed than your average pensioner claiming state pension.

Young people do more voluntary work than any other age group, work and study longer hours than previous generations and get far more flack than any age group.

Very few working now have over £137 a week left to solely spend on food.

What about the 100,000s who signed up to fight in the wars?

They did a hell of a lot more than a bit of voluntary work todays youths do.

that's funny...:hihi:
Wrong there are more who share my views than you would like to believe in your we'll spend your money down with Israel world