Are old people bleeding the country dry?

You were wrong, you look silly, at least try and be dignified about it.
wrong, what about, top earners being able through good accountants and get their money offshore?

Quote me, put up or shut up.!

I quoted you, are you going blind?

Source??????????

http://www.straightstatistics.org/article/questionable-claims-graduate-pay

Since using google is beyond you.

This article claims it's about 20k, but discusses why the media reports the 25k I quoted.

http://ww2.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/Main_menu___Research/Labour_market_information/Labour_market_FAQs/What_is_the_average_graduate_starting_salary_/p!epmglcg

This one says 25k

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8504999.stm

This one also.

You can apologise for claiming this

You on the other hand cannot provide a source because your talking out of your rectum.

So not only is your other post irrelevant as it contains false information, your reply is also.

So, average graduate starting salary, between 20 and 25k depending on how you measure it.

Any other facts you can't be bothered to look up yourself?

now.

Edited by Cyclone

wrong, what about, top earners being able through good accountants and get their money offshore?

Like I said already, you don't understand what you're talking about.

If you're paid in the UK, you're taxed in the UK. Simple as that.

If you actually arrange your life so as to not live in the UK for most of the year and not be paid in the UK, well then you aren't earning money in the UK, that's not getting an accountant to move it offshore, it's arranging your life to move it offshore. And of course you'll pay tax on it wherever you do earn it.

An accountant can help to minimise tax, but they can't waive a magic offshore wand and make it go away.

So when the number of pensioners start to exceed the number of working people then what?

When the average wage droips as we compete for the low wage economy then what?

Who is going to pay? Because we aren't. We aren't paying anywhere near enough tax to pay our own pensions. Are we going to continue to stick our collective heads in the sand, like we have for the past fourty years?

I quoted you, are you going blind?

Where did you quote me, give the number of the post you quoted from when you posted the following which you claim is a direct quote of my post.

What are you going to claim now, that you didn't mean anyone earning 150k or above (the threshold for the 50% rate of tax I'd mentioned). Or that you weren't claiming that the magic offshore wand stops them paying tax?

Put up or shut up.

you're quoted in post 144.

My husband and I are in mid 60`s , both of us have worked and paid into the sytem for very many years . Alongside work , I have raised my children and also carry out volunteer work , two days per week . I think the title of this post is diabolical , you will be our age one day and I hope that nobody makes you feel worthless .

you're quoted in post 144.

realy where:-

Do you have memory problems?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclone

Yep, I bet you're paying 50% income tax, right? But those rich bankers, they get special treatment and pay a lower rate?

Quote:144

Originally Posted by Bassman62

Ofshore comes to mind, there is one rule for the upper echelon of earners and another for Jo Public.

What are you going to claim now, that you didn't mean anyone earning 150k or above (the threshold for the 50% rate of tax I'd mentioned). Or that you weren't claiming that the magic offshore wand stops them paying tax?

You said it, you were wrong.

I don't see anywhere that you have actualy quoted me unless of course you don't understand what it means to quote someone. all you have done is misconstrue a post claiming it to be a quote.

Originally Posted by Bassman62

What do you think that bit means then? It's in the post you just copied...

My husband and I are in mid 60`s , both of us have worked and paid into the sytem for very many years . Alongside work , I have raised my children and also carry out volunteer work , two days per week . I think the title of this post is diabolical , you will be our age one day and I hope that nobody makes you feel worthless .

Agree totally cornishmaid. They do seem to forget that.

I did a post the other day which has been deleted because I quoted someone who's post was deleted.

I wish I had a copy of what I'd put cos my poor old memory isn't what it was....apart that is from things that happened years ago. Things like starting work at 15, paying NI Contributions,then Income Tax from 18.

We worked as well....couldn't skive time to faff around on the internet when we were supposed to be working even if we'd have had it.

Bringing up two children to have respect for other people young or old and preparing them for being decent human beings.

Some people grumble at the older people being grumpy....is there any wonder when we have the attitude of some posters on here to contend with.

My parents never made retirement. Even after 30 odd years I still miss them but my God...I'm glad they aren't still around to witness the bitterness that comes over from some people.

Why are you comparing a pension and a safety net though.

A pension is supposed to be sufficient to live on after retirement.

Benefits aren't supposed to provide a comfortable life, they're a short term safety net until you can find work and earn your own money. Being on benefits below the age of retirement is not the equivalent of drawing the state pension, nor should it be. They're different things with different intentions.

The fact of the matter is young people are struggling because of the lavish lifestyle OAP's are entitled to, not that OAP's shouldn't be able to enjoy their retirement, but some OAP's need to realise that they have got it prety darn good becuase they've been favored over other groups which need help, like young people and immigrants.

Edited by Green Web