Are old people bleeding the country dry?

We get paid every monday via the Pensions Office and my personal pension is payed on the 28th of the month. I sit here ,do nothing and I am still taxed because my state pension is put against my allowances. You puts your money in and they takes your money out. We should go on benefit like the peeps who do not work. Must try to get my 62 yr. old wife to get pregnant so we can get a council ,ouse, sell the 'ouse for a couple of grand and buy a flat in turkey, £50'000 in the bank in Turkey and live like a lord but the bacon is rubbish.

Hey! At least you will have a good time trying to get your lass up the duff.:D

Go for it you stud muffin.

Well when I go to the job centre the workers look bored there and most just want you in and out, you ask them a question about a work related issue and you can see their minds wandering away.

That about sums it up, I know nothing about going to the job centre. I worked for 48 years, am now retired but still pay tax. Now what do you pay to get you so annoyed about folk that get a bus pass and £200 a year towards their heating costs?

I can't recall getting food discounts, we paid full whack for our replacement windows and gutters, where are all these discounts that you go on about? As for being rude I have never seen an older person talking loudly into a mobile, or playing loud misic whilst on a bus. And most of us say "could I have one of those please?" followed by "thank you". As against "can I get one of those?" followed by "ta", if you are lucky.

A lot of today's young folk wouldn't last 10 minutes in the 60's and 70's, however there are some really good kids around, that have obviously been brought up correctly, thank god.

That about sums it up, I know nothing about going to the job centre. I worked for 48 years, am now retired but still pay tax. Now what do you pay to get you so annoyed about folk that get a bus pass and £200 a year towards their heating costs?

I can't recall getting food discounts, we paid full whack for our replacement windows and gutters, where are all these discounts that you go on about? As for being rude I have never seen an older person talking loudly into a mobile, or playing loud misic whilst on a bus. And most of us say "could I have one of those please?" followed by "thank you". As against "can I get one of those?" followed by "ta", if you are lucky.

A lot of today's young folk wouldn't last 10 minutes in the 60's and 70's, however there are some really good kids around, that have obviously been brought up correctly, thank god.

'Kid' in this context includes anyone up to the age of 45! :hihi: And both of my 'kids' offer seats on buses, say please and thank you, and are generally decent and respectful of others. I'm sure yours are too.

I don't know what discounts are available either. But I'd be grateful if someone could tell me. I'm so polite I might even say thank you. ;)

'Kid' in this context includes anyone up to the age of 45! :hihi: And both of my 'kids' offer seats on buses, say please and thank you, and are generally decent and respectful of others. I'm sure yours are too.

I don't know what discounts are available either. But I'd be grateful if someone could tell me. I'm so polite I might even say thank you. ;)

This really good looking young woman offered me her seat on the bus, I said "if you don't sit back down luv I'm going to smack your bum". She laughed and sat back down, the bloody cheek of it. :hihi:

The fact of the matter is young people are struggling because of the lavish lifestyle OAP's are entitled to, not that OAP's shouldn't be able to enjoy their retirement, but some OAP's need to realise that they have got it prety darn good becuase they've been favored over other groups which need help, like young people and immigrants.

We pensioners are having a great time even though you are not contributing to it, go back to school, get an education and learn to spell:banana:

We pensioners are having a great time even though you are not contributing to it, go back to school, get an education and learn to spell:banana:

Don't hold anything back, say what you think. :hihi:

The fact of the matter is young people are struggling because of the lavish lifestyle OAP's are entitled to, not that OAP's shouldn't be able to enjoy their retirement, but some OAP's need to realise that they have got it prety darn good becuase they've been favored over other groups which need help, like young people and immigrants.

Why should immigrants get more consideration than citizens who've lived all their lives in the country and paid their dues.

Let the immigrants sink or swim by their own efforts. We owe them nothing. They're foreigners and if they are uneducated and unskilled they shouldn't even be allowed in.

California is full of illegals drawing benefits they shouldn't be entitled to and it's one of the reason the state has a huge budget deficit.

Come to think of it---how can ANYBODY ' bleed the U.K. dry ' ? It 's already been bled dry. From a ruddy-faced, sturdy, John Bull, the U,K, is a pale, skinny, skint Uriah Heep character. All that anyone can do now is to try and grab as much as legally possible before one set or another of our wise and wonderful rulers messes it up completely and the U.K. becomes a pseudo-American state or the Sri Lanka of Europe-----off-shore, out of sight and out of the loop.

According to today's papers, nurses are doing a grand job helping with the problem of OAP's cluttering up the system by starving them to death.

4,412 were discharged with malnutrition, and dehydration contributed to the death of another 8,000. Another 210,476 were discharged with anaemia, and of course thousands more were buried.

Quote: 'The nurses attitude is that basically that old people disgust them, and they are a waste of time and resources.'

No doubt mirroring the opinions of some people on here.

According to today's papers, nurses are doing a grand job helping with the problem of OAP's cluttering up the system by starving them to death.

4,412 were discharged with malnutrition, and dehydration contributed to the death of another 8,000. Another 210,476 were discharged with anaemia, and of course thousands more were buried.

Quote: 'The nurses attitude is that basically that old people disgust them, and they are a waste of time and resources.'

No doubt mirroring the opinions of some people on here.

There is more than a little truh there, when my late mother-in-law was in hospital a memeber of staff came to collect the dishes after the evening meal, she made the comment "my my aren't we hungry" as she viewd the untouched food on the plates.

Who in their right minds would give plastic forks and knives to elderly/infirm and stroke victems to cut fried gammon with ?

My mother in law was literaly starving to death until we demanded the special liquid meals.

Come to think of it---how can ANYBODY ' bleed the U.K. dry ' ? It 's already been bled dry. From a ruddy-faced, sturdy, John Bull, the U,K, is a pale, skinny, skint Uriah Heep character. All that anyone can do now is to try and grab as much as legally possible before one set or another of our wise and wonderful rulers messes it up completely and the U.K. becomes a pseudo-American state or the Sri Lanka of Europe-----off-shore, out of sight and out of the loop.

What's a pseudo American state? :huh:

What's a pseudo American state? :huh:

A State but not a real one. I think he's implying without the US the UK would consist only of the peak of Snowdon, the rest would be under the North Sea.:hihi: