My nightmare of a family tree

My gran was Emily Wragg and I have been successful with here tree - she come from a family of chimney sweeps - perhaps we are related

Thanx for contact but unfortunately its not right family ! I have seen this family though on my search ! I found out from my mum that my great grandma ended up living in I think Upwell St ! Unfortunately,cant ask Dad cos hes got dementia.

Thanx for contact but unfortunately its not right family ! I have seen this family though on my search ! I found out from my mum that my great grandma ended up living in I think Upwell St ! Unfortunately,cant ask Dad cos hes got dementia.

What I would do is send for John T Wragg's birth certificate and see who it says is the father on there and then you'll be able to trace them back more easily in the census.:)

Doing a family tree can be difficult, unless you come from Stocksbridge or Yeovil.

Or Norfolk :hihi::hihi:

Or Norfolk :hihi::hihi:

Like our respective families.:hihi:

According to this entry Issac born in 1913 mother was Williamson. When you look up a marriage for a Williamson and a Wragg it comes up with the latter but the mother's name was Edith not Elizabeth?????????

Births Sep 1913

click to view

WRAGG ISAAC WILLIAMSON Sheffield 9c 1289 Scan available - click to view

Marriages Jun 1897

Williamson Edith Sheffield 9c 749 Scan available - click to view

Wragg Matthew John Sheffield 9c 749

Thanx Rivelyn ,Iv taken your advice and sent for his birth certificate ! Iv got a feeling I might be opening a can of worms ! Dont know why ,just a gut feeling.

Oh well ,lets wait and see eh ! My mum said she never met my Great grandad when she went visiting and before my dad got dementia I remember him saying he hadnt met him either.Curiouser and curiouser eh ! Iv got further on my Grandmas side and know her maiden names Rea,and thats where my Irish roots are.I know my Great Great Grandma on her side was married to a git called Charles Rayden who lost cardboard box buisness ! Thats another can of worms

Never a dull moment,but art least mum confirmed that one !

Yeah I saw that too ! Im just been driven crazy by that ! Mum said Issac hated his name but had to use it as he was pub landlord and had to have his proper name above pub door ! .He could have been my Grandads cousin and not brother though ! I found Grandads marriage certificate OK,and found his birth records on site,but didnt see any parents name.

Yeah I saw that too ! Im just been driven crazy by that ! Mum said Issac hated his name but had to use it as he was pub landlord and had to have his proper name above pub door ! .He could have been my Grandads cousin and not brother though ! I found Grandads marriage certificate OK,and found his birth records on site,but didnt see any parents name.

On your grandad's marriage certificate it should have his father's name unless there is a cross through that section which then implies he was illegitimate. That information would help trace them back.

Thanx Rivelyn ,Iv taken your advice and sent for his birth certificate ! Iv got a feeling I might be opening a can of worms ! Dont know why ,just a gut feeling.

Oh well ,lets wait and see eh ! My mum said she never met my Great grandad when she went visiting and before my dad got dementia I remember him saying he hadnt met him either.Curiouser and curiouser eh ! Iv got further on my Grandmas side and know her maiden names Rea,and thats where my Irish roots are.I know my Great Great Grandma on her side was married to a git called Charles Rayden who lost cardboard box buisness ! Thats another can of worms

Never a dull moment,but art least mum confirmed that one !

All families have hidden skeletons, if I told you some of the stories I found out from my father about what happened in his family your hair would stand up on end! I was 35 before I even knew I had a half brother. He lives in Ireland and I've been unable to trace him so far but have recently made contact with my step aunt.:)

I agree completely with you ! Its funny,a patient I told I was doing this,and trouble I was having ! He said well in those days some people just couldnt afford to get married ! MMM I wonder,but I will tell you it doesnt bother me in the least ! But if it turns out my gut instinct is right then I wont get any further !

I agree completely with you ! Its funny,a patient I told I was doing this,and trouble I was having ! He said well in those days some people just couldnt afford to get married ! MMM I wonder,but I will tell you it doesnt bother me in the least ! But if it turns out my gut instinct is right then I wont get any further !

Even further back some families didn't pay for a wedding until the woman was pregnant, then they knew it was a serious relationship. It gave the man a good chance to run away though too! lol. Something like 10% of all births were outside marriage in 1900s so it is more common than people think. It's very frustrating when you come to an abrupt end like that but sometimes it does happen like you say:(