Entertainment Wanted

We are a retirement village consisting of around 300 residents aged over 55. Although our residents are generally of retirement age, we are not a care home and our residents are enthusiastic and active. We arrange many activities which take place in the village ranging from big shows to smaller events.

We are looking entertainment for July, if anyone has availablilty or ideas please let me know. We're constantly trying new things(not necessarily what you'd expect for older people), so no idea will be dismissed!!

Thanks Muchly!!

have sent you a message (hopefully,) offer my/our services, as a female vocalist, working with hubby, run a disco/background music (for the right age) and offer also quiz, karaoke and cabaret.... let me know if any use to you

I'm part of a duo of two violins - we perform all over the place, light classical, some pop etc - let me know if that sounds any good to you. :)

Hi there

Where is your village?

I play in a folk duo, we could provide a mix of traditional music, ceilidh tunes, folk ballads etc. We're very interested, if its somewhere we can get to! Drop us a PM if it sounds the sort of thing you're after.

Ian

We are a retirement village consisting of around 300 residents aged over 55. Although our residents are generally of retirement age, we are not a care home and our residents are enthusiastic and active. We arrange many activities which take place in the village ranging from big shows to smaller events.

We are looking entertainment for July, if anyone has availablilty or ideas please let me know. We're constantly trying new things(not necessarily what you'd expect for older people), so no idea will be dismissed!!

Thanks Muchly!!

You could try a spot of karaoke?

we are a duo doing 40s 50s 60s 70s music catering for a more mature audience, we work one guitar and backing tracks,also a few clean gaggs,never been thrown out of a venue yet,so we must be decent.

Ballie,

If it is the same village I am thinking of (in S13) I performed there with my band last summer/autumn.

I did wonder at the time who played the grand piano in the cosy bar area, if anyone ?

Edited by jonni&jooli

Hello,

I am a mature female singer and am very interested in your message regards entertainment in July.

I prefer to sing big band swing but also have other material, country & western & pop dating from the fifties through the decades.

Hope to hear from you

Jeannie Ross

Is it the Brunswick Gardens at Woodhouse if so you have my number and we are ready to go P.S hows Sam on reception.

I live in Cornwall but occasionally visit my hometown of Matlock. I sing songs recorded by the likes of Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong as well as classic singalong songs. I accompany myself on acoustic guitar. Call me on 01736-710151. I tried to post a link but the website said no after ditching my initial post with a pop up. I've listed my website in my profile if you contact me with an email I can send you some links. All the best, Ollie

Edited by ibrowze
additional info

You describe your residents as active and enthusiastic:- if you want something that they can join in with, rather than listen to, I am a folk dance caller of English and American folk dances and would be happy to come and do a session of dancing with CDs. I am used to calling for both beginners and experienced dancers. Let me know if you are interested.

You describe your residents as active and enthusiastic:- if you want something that they can join in with, rather than listen to, I am a folk dance caller of English and American folk dances and would be happy to come and do a session of dancing with CDs. I am used to calling for both beginners and experienced dancers. Let me know if you are interested.

Your a little bit too late.

Add 2011