Concord Juniors and Hinde House Secondary

Hi, We currently live in the catchment area for Concord Juniors and then Hinde House Secondary but unsure what these are like as schools. We didnt think about school when we moved into this house a few years ago and can't really afford to move now but a bit worried that they are like for our two boys due to start soon.. I'd really appreciate any thoughts and extra info about the two schools, especially from people who have children there, as well as anyone who lives in the catchment but has chosen not to send their children there!

I have a son at wincobank and 1 at concord. I was very happy with both schools until the new head teacher took over about a year ago. Ask any parents at either school and they will tell u the same.

I have to agree with Gingerchick, she is not alone. There are a good percentage of parents unhappy with Concord and some at Wincobank determined that their children will not move-up to Concord. My child & I were deliriously happy the day she left and we were not alone, in previous years the last day of term had been quite tearful for all but not last year it was more relief. There is a facebook group for the parent's of both Wincobank & Concord if you are interested.

Thanks nevynxx. What is the Facebook group called an I will join xx

concord up to 3 years ago in my opinion was the best around there, my daughter went to wincobank then concord then hinde house, which others are there ? limpsfield? hatfield ?- the old bracken? (now a little hinde house) no thanks

Limpsfield is excellent, not too sure about Hinde House though, went downhill rapidly while I was there in 1996 (showing my age) but don't think it's improved even with new build.

I can't comment on the new headteacher at Concord. But, I went to both Concord and Hinde House and I think I turned out alright, some of my friends went to uni, some joined the forces, I started a business, yeah, some didn't do very much. But where is it any different?

Both schools had a nice atmosphere and enough facilities to do well, IF you wanted to.

my son goes to Hinde House secondary now and went to the Juniors there too. he (and us) loves the school. He did far better than expected last year and from the info in the Star it had some of the best primary results in the City last year. I'd recommend both Primary and Secondary at Hinde House

Hinde house is in the top 100 of most improved schools in the country

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8461254.stm

All my children go to primary phase and they will be going up to the secondary phase. They are all very happy there and meeting their targets, the teachers are fantastic there, and theres always lots of trips and after school club activities. Every Wednesday they have enrichment, where children can opt to stay until 3:50pm and do extra clubs like dancing, art, violin, trampolining.

one off my children go to wincobank nursery which is brill and my eldest goes to concord and went to wincobank sine the new head took over last year there is many problems which many parents are not happy with and done see eye to eye with the head and i wish i had put my eldest in limpsfield now as it is suppose to be a better school

Hi Happysmiley,

Here is the link for the facebook group - it was set up by parents for the parents as many of them are working and unable to find out what is happening and where.

My daughter is now at Hind House far happier there than she was at Concord, it's thanks to HH my daughter is now happy to go to school. The staff at HH are happy to listen to any concerns and take action pretty quick. Thankfully lead staff are very approachable unlike Concord, also HH are very swift and very balanced again unlike our experiences with Concord. I have heard that the lead staff will be changing again, but wether or not that happens remains to be seen, they may just keep turning the staff over which I think is confusing for the kids.