Kate Bush Director's Cut

Has anyone bought this? Is it a reinvention of some tracks and remastered versions of the albums Red Shoes and Sensual World? Also is it a decent remaster?

Has anyone bought this? Is it a reinvention of some tracks and remastered versions of the albums Red Shoes and Sensual World? Also is it a decent remaster?

I have thought about buying it, I like a bit of Bush now and again :hihi:

Seriously, I am a fan of her music but thought The Red Shoes was one of her weaker albums (mainly due to the "of its time" production) so a re-interpretation of some of these tracks would be appreciated.

I have thought about buying it, I like a bit of Bush now and again :hihi:

Seriously, I am a fan of her music but thought The Red Shoes was one of her weaker albums (mainly due to the "of its time" production) so a re-interpretation of some of these tracks would be appreciated.

Ha quality!

There's a 3 disc version apparently 1 with reinterpretation of some tracks and I think the albums Red Shoes and Sensual World, just wondered if these were remastered. As Sensual World I have on CD is so quiet!

You're right about the Red Shoes, it even has Lenny Henry on it!

I heard her talking about this in a rare interview on R4's Front Row programme, and I liked some of the snippets that were played.

Going to Amazon now.

I heard her talking about this in a rare interview on R4's Front Row programme, and I liked some of the snippets that were played.

Going to Amazon now.

You'll have to let me know what its like. I always liked The Sensual World albu,. Went to Sainsburys in my lunch hour to look at the album, they didn't have it.

You'll have to let me know what its like. I always liked The Sensual World albu,. Went to Sainsburys in my lunch hour to look at the album, they didn't have it.

The reviews there don't seem that inspiring I must admit. Still clicked "buy" though, her Devon home must need some upgrading.

:)

The reviews there don't seem that inspiring I must admit. Still clicked "buy" though, her Devon home must need some upgrading.

:)

Just been trying to find some information on it, probably me being anal, but I'm sick of buying older music than a damn better remaster comes out. I think its since I've bought an ipod the old albums are so quiet! Just read the Hounds of Love and the Dreaming have been rereleased too.

yay - must get hold of a copy (proper CD not download)

I've only heard Deeper Understanding and I have to say I prefer the original with the Trio Bulgarka rather than the vocoder stuff. I've read that many of the other reworked songs are really good though. It's great to have Kate back whatever she's doing. She's a genuine original who doesn't have to struggle to be eccentric or scream out "Look at me, I'm mad I am, I'm wearing dress made of liver and a bacon hat! Ker-azy!".

Edited by gularscute

I've heard some of it though I focused mostly on the four tracks from The Sensual World. Not impressed, I'm afraid.

Deeper Understanding is OK but the big change, the voice of the computer, has diminished it rather than improved it.

Never Be Mine is completely stripped down. This is often very effective and a gives a new insight into the song but, in this case, it just makes it sound like a demo.

The Sensual World has a name change and new lyrics (the original idea, I think - James Joyce stuff). Sounds ok.

This Woman's Work sounded ok but I didn't play it all the way through.

Of the Red Shoes stuff, I only had a listen to the start of Moments of Pleasure which, again sounded stripped down.

All the above is from one quick listen and is, of course, only my opinion.

Sounded like a tomcat to me.

She's a genuine original who doesn't have to struggle to be eccentric or scream out "Look at me, I'm mad I am, I'm wearing dress made of liver and a bacon hat! Ker-azy!".

Great quote!!

Loved The Sensual World and didn't like The Red Shoes. A bit like everyone else so far.

Bought Director's Cut and have to say it really does grow on you. Moments of Pleasure leading into Never be Mine is just wonderful!