Why Robinson on Time Team

I've never watched Time Team again since I worked for them about 8 years ago.

Phil Harding was the worst- he beltched and farted in the middle of conversations with him and seemed to think he was amusing. His permanent staff were all in fear of him because he'd rant and rave at them in public view if things weren't to his liking. At one point he told a digger to plough right through a Medieval floor which, along with all of the pottery and bone etc, ended up on the spoil heap and then he did a piece to camera where he said he was following the line of the old moat when there wasn't the slightest bit of evidence for this in the trench stratigraphy. All that was visible was the floor he'd just ruined!

Tony Robinson sat sulkily in his Landrover until it was his turn to speak his entirely scripted piece at which point he'd act interested for 5 minutes and then go back to sulking.

The only one of them I left with any respect for was Stuart Ainsworth who seemed like a decent guy and a good archaeologist.

I tell you- never meet your heroes- they're always a big disappointment!

He's horrible that Phil Harding that sweaty hat he wears on his greasy hair and them long ratty finger nails errrrrr:gag:

Oh for goodness sake can't we leave anything alone? I have watch this programme since it started, it has always been interesting and entertaining, of course the people involved have some bad, ok maybe disgusting habits, but then again most of us do, you should live with my husband! but as long as they don't broadcast them it is not relevant to the quality of the show. Throughout his career Tony Robinson has made some excellent tv shows, I remember years ago my family watching his series about cartoons, my sons thought he was great back then, we loved him in Blackadder and are still watching his programmes, so please stop griping and leave them alone.

I've never watched Time Team again since I worked for them about 8 years ago.

Phil Harding was the worst- he beltched and farted in the middle of conversations with him and seemed to think he was amusing. His permanent staff were all in fear of him because he'd rant and rave at them in public view if things weren't to his liking. At one point he told a digger to plough right through a Medieval floor which, along with all of the pottery and bone etc, ended up on the spoil heap and then he did a piece to camera where he said he was following the line of the old moat when there wasn't the slightest bit of evidence for this in the trench stratigraphy. All that was visible was the floor he'd just ruined!

Tony Robinson sat sulkily in his Landrover until it was his turn to speak his entirely scripted piece at which point he'd act interested for 5 minutes and then go back to sulking.

The only one of them I left with any respect for was Stuart Ainsworth who seemed like a decent guy and a good archaeologist.

Which episode did you work on if you don't mind me asking?

I like TR being a part of the TT crew, he's basically there to ask the layman questions, and does a good job, imo.

I agree, and I like his voice too

Oh for goodness sake can't we leave anything alone? I have watch this programme since it started, it has always been interesting and entertaining, of course the people involved have some bad, ok maybe disgusting habits, but then again most of us do, you should live with my husband! but as long as they don't broadcast them it is not relevant to the quality of the show. Throughout his career Tony Robinson has made some excellent tv shows, I remember years ago my family watching his series about cartoons, my sons thought he was great back then, we loved him in Blackadder and are still watching his programmes, so please stop griping and leave them alone.
I don't think many people have said any bad things about Tony Robinson hes a very popular guy,TT would not be the same with out him.

Oh no Cavegirl....and I'd read such nice things about Phil; does all the belching and farting explain why he's never married do you think! So the team are actually just a bunch of narcisistic, anti-social tyrannts or did you just catch them on a bad day?

Phil Harding was the worst- he beltched and farted in the middle of conversations with him and seemed to think he was amusing. His permanent staff were all in fear of him because he'd rant and rave at them in public view if things weren't to his liking.

I notice Robinson has married a woman 34 years his junior. He must have something going for him :o

I only mentioned it because it was my actual experience of meeting and working for them. I think you're taking it a bit personally.

I only mentioned it because it was my actual experience of meeting and working for them. I think you're taking it a bit personally.

Do you know James Balme, Cavegirl?

I have a picture of them together on my profile on another forum:)

Tony Robinson is an exellent presenter and I would nt watch the show if it was'nt for him. Cant imagine that guy in the hat presenting it with his Ooh Har or Mick with a Brummie accent which would be very annoying very quickly.

Tony Robinson does a great job...

I notice Robinson has married a woman 34 years his junior. He must have something going for him :o

Yes, something must have attracted an attractive, intelligent young woman to the millionaire Tony Robinson ...