Why Robinson on Time Team

Another vote for Tony Robinson from me too.

[Norwegian accent]Can you hear me saxon51? Your team is taking one hell of a beating.[/Norwegian accent]

:)

[OE]Us Saxons didn't bury all that scrap just so a team led by Baldrick could dig it all up again. Go play a bloody Norge version of Abba or fill in a fjord ya heathens[OE]

s

I like Tony Robinson and I think he dose a good job on time team at least hes not an annoying so an so like Jeramey Clarkson or somebody like that.
Agree about Clarkson. Now, if Alice Roberts or Bettany Hughes presented everything. :) Edited by saxon51
Edited to add fantasy #2

sAgree about Clarkson. Now, if Alice Roberts or Bettany Hughes presented everything. :)

She was very good on The Incredible Human Journey.

She was good on Coast as well. She's an expert in her field and presents well. No celebrity required.

Oh, and Julia Bradbury.:love:

She was very good on The Incredible Human Journey.

How about skinny dipping on that Wild Swimming programme?

:love:

Oh, and on-topic, her first appearances were on Time Team.

Just watching Countryfile and ...... gulp ....... it looks like Miss Bradbury has been pollinated.:(

The reason he fronts time team is because he did an earlier show on channel 4 called "Time Signs" also with mick aston and also created by the same person Tim Taylor.They needed a front man who could explain to the public in laymans terms so nobody would be confused.That group carried on over to Time Team.

The rest is History!.

Didn't he leave his wife for one of the young archaeology students working on the team?

I'd watch TT with or without Tony Robinson. Sometimes I can't leave the house on a Saturday because I'm stuck watching the back-to-back repeats on More 4.

I've never watched Time Team again since I worked for them about 8 years ago.

Phil Harding was the worst- he beltched and farted in the middle of conversations with him and seemed to think he was amusing. His permanent staff were all in fear of him because he'd rant and rave at them in public view if things weren't to his liking. At one point he told a digger to plough right through a Medieval floor which, along with all of the pottery and bone etc, ended up on the spoil heap and then he did a piece to camera where he said he was following the line of the old moat when there wasn't the slightest bit of evidence for this in the trench stratigraphy. All that was visible was the floor he'd just ruined!

Tony Robinson sat sulkily in his Landrover until it was his turn to speak his entirely scripted piece at which point he'd act interested for 5 minutes and then go back to sulking.

The only one of them I left with any respect for was Stuart Ainsworth who seemed like a decent guy and a good archaeologist.

I tell you- never meet your heroes- they're always a big disappointment!

Shatter my illusions, why don't you, Cavegirl :hihi:

I don't suppose you met Brigid Gallagher?

Shatter my illusions, why don't you, Cavegirl :hihi:

I don't suppose you met Brigid Gallagher?

Haha- I'm afraid not- we're you hoping for a phone number? :hihi: