Help with garden fires

Am I the only one who has read the op's original post differently then?

To me it sounds like someone else is burning the panelling, and they have 'already tried the nice approach' to get them to stop, and are now wanting to know the legal aspect.

How would they be trying the nice approach if they were the ones burning the items?

You read the posts; others can resist an impulsive comment or two.Its like kids that cant answer the question and reply to some imaginary version,or mpoliticians who have answers ready befroe the question:D:D

I was going to start my own thread but I found this one so might as well use it. Someone is burning something in the Cobden view road area of Crookes. It smells very toxic and as it's a hot day, our windows were open along with all the neighbours I can see and the smell is flooding people's houses. My eyes & nose are also stinging from breathing it in.

I can't see which house it is that has the fire, but in the hope that someone living nearer to this person or the person's family might read this. I just wanted to ask, do you live in a bubble or something? Must something be deemed as against the law before you show any common decency? Because you are acting like you were brought up by wolves. Have a word with yourself, you selfish oaf.

In my experience the nicey,nicey approach doesn't work....

Couple of years ago neighbour was burning all sorts of garden rubbish etc,i had washing out windows open etc was like volcanic ash everywhere smealt really bad....

Neighbour could of mentioned it to the few houses near him but didn't bother,to let us know. Ok gave benefit of the doubt as a one off,but no did it again day after,so fella went round had a polite word just asking if could let us know so could shut windows take in washing etc.....

So following weekend the gutless pillock decides at 7.30 sunday morning (THINKING NO ONE WOULD BE UP)to put a fibre glass bath on the massive fire he had going.....NICE

Well the council were informed and he got a lovely letter,few branches is one thing half your bathroom is another.......

Funnily enough at our last stable yard i would often burn all the rubbish,old hay,bits of fences,bandages etc which had been used on the horses,feed packets etc. Always in a steel drum and never knowingly anything that was toxic(haylage wrap isn't toxic).

I had a few visitors ranting and raving about times and legalities -so i told them to sod off and continued. If anyone however mentioned washing,long periods of rain or sunbathing i immediately put the fire out.

You can't be a mind reader over 500 houses daily routines.

What I have always found is that it is my garden fire that is against the rules, whilst my neighbour's efforts are perfectly acceptable. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough at our last stable yard i would often burn all the rubbish,old hay,bits of fences,bandages etc which had been used on the horses,feed packets etc. Always in a steel drum and never knowingly anything that was toxic(haylage wrap isn't toxic).

I had a few visitors ranting and raving about times and legalities -so i told them to sod off and continued. If anyone however mentioned washing,long periods of rain or sunbathing i immediately put the fire out.

You can't be a mind reader over 500 houses daily routines.

Yep i get the numbers thing but there is only 5 of us different circumstances,and just polite oh and the 4 of us have nothing,to do with him at all says it all really....