Help with garden fires

Can anyone tell me the law re- burning interior wood ect in the garden ( eg varnished panelling) very toxic black smoke advice please

We have already tried the nice approach

Can anyone tell me the law re- burning interior wood ect in the garden ( eg varnished panelling) very toxic black smoke advice please

I dont know about the law but if it is producing black toxic smoke do not burn it!! find some other method of disposal.

A nice trip out to the local dump-it site???

Cheers

Dave.

i was told you can,t burn anything until 7pm onwards

burning rubber etc is illegal

you want to see smoke signals at shiregreen

i had to shut all our windows yesterday at 5pm

i was told you can,t burn anything until 7pm onwards

you where told wrong.

there are loads of threads on this.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/InYourHome/Escapingandrecoveringfromafire/DG_180786

Specifically:

Bonfires and the law

There aren’t any specific laws against having a bonfire, but there are several laws that deal with the nuisance bonfires can cause.

Burning domestic waste

It is an offence to get rid of domestic waste in a way likely to cause pollution or harm to human health, including burning it.

Burning plastic, rubber or painted materials creates poisonous fumes and can have damaging health effects for people who have asthmatic or heart conditions.

This is covered under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

You know you shouldn't burn it or you wouldn't be asking on here, The tip seems to be the best idea, though the Council do pick up large items of rubbish.

Am I the only one who has read the op's original post differently then?

To me it sounds like someone else is burning the panelling, and they have 'already tried the nice approach' to get them to stop, and are now wanting to know the legal aspect.

How would they be trying the nice approach if they were the ones burning the items?

Am I the only one who has read the op's original post differently then?

To me it sounds like someone else is burning the panelling, and they have 'already tried the nice approach' to get them to stop, and are now wanting to know the legal aspect.

How would they be trying the nice approach if they were the ones burning the items?

I read it the same way.

From the link I quoted, burning painted and varnished etc wood wouldnt be allowed due to pollution. I assume its OPs neighbour doing the burning.

It is not legal to have a fire on a sunday anyway. You deffo cant burn anything that will create excessive smoke and that includes painted wood so expect that means varnish too. Its also 6pm for a fire.

I know I have been fined for it !!! (was a carpet in my case though)