The big question - is religion on its way out ?

Nicky Campbell now BBC1 - is religion on its way out ?

I was brought up to believe in Christianity to the age of 17 when i decided for myself that religion was not for me, some members of my family turned their back on me but for a while though everything is ok now.

When i was 17 i decided that religion, all religion was just a comfort to know that one day we are all going to die, and that 'comfort' was to think that there was somewhere better to go than here once we're gone.

I now agree with the scientists and prefer to see and believe what i see with my own two eyes or scientific proof :|

Songs of Praise audience comprises of ex-maths teachers who frequent specsavers. The women often resemble Matrons from the 60s. Most finish their church service then waddle over to the Antiques roadshow.

Plus some have quite an unpleasant way of opening their mouths too wide whilst wildly singing to the almighty. Plus why do some get carried away lifting their arms to the sky? Is it any wonder its on its way out?????

Davis Icke was right. They are lizards.

I was watching a programme after the Haiti earthquake. Someone asked the survivors if the deaths of their relatives hadn't undermined their belief in a god. Why would a god cause an earthquake and kill so many people, he asked. The survivors replied that as they'd survived that proved a god existed because it had spared them. Those idiots who were convinced the world was going to end yesterday have probably already come up with a reason why the world not ending proves a god exists. Idiots like that will always be around and religion won't die as long as there are enough idiots to believe in a god. In other words it won't die. The stupidity and gullibility of many humans will ensure it carries on.

It should be in this day and age!

Religion.....the root of all evil!!

The average age of a C of E congregation is seventy something. Just over one million people attend church weekly. That's why they are so keen to maintain the school faranchises to indoctrinate malleable minds with their hocus pocus. Otherwise, the future does indeed look bleak.

Well I think the clergy are panicking a bit, since they are hoping to send outreach workers to festivals such as 'Rock ness' to lure young people 'Back to the church'

Not if you ask the billions of Christians and Mulims.

Yes, but slowly.

As long as people continue to be better educated and better-off socio-economically then it will continue to die out.

Christianity has declined considerably in the UK over the last 50 years but Islam is still going strong and likely to do so for decades to come

What's the eventual scenario? A combined atheist and Muslim state?

Christianity has declined considerably in the UK over the last 50 years but Islam is still going strong and likely to do so for decades to come

What's the eventual scenario? A combined atheist and Muslim state?

As the descendants of poor muslim immigrants gradually earn more and achieve more in education, many will probably become atheists too.

As the descendants of poor muslim immigrants gradually earn more and achieve more in education, many will probably become atheists too.

Nearly all the young Asian lads I know have nothing to do with religion, thank god.